The Knight and Her Emperor - Ch. 92

Aggregator gang
@Yniv Your reply makes me curious! Does the novel go more in-depth on these topics? I'm interested to check it out if it's even more fleshed out

WTH is "be more like a woman"????... reading that after reading the chapter 😒.... there's not just one way of being a woman.

Dex-chan lover
@coco107 i'm not quite sure what quote you're talking about, i can't remember that quote but i assume you're talking about the last sentence about how "it means to be a women" or smt

I think you've missed the point. the whole idea is that she is extremely lucky to be able to live without really thinking about her gender with great co-workers and the favor of the emperor because for all these other ladies, this literally is the only way for the them to live. Since birth, these noble ladies have been brought up trained that being a lady is to look pretty, look after the house, marry someone good and have a family. They are all striving to achieve their own successes based on the social structures and expectations given on them so literally for these noble ladies there are just one way of being a woman

Nope, you totally lose my point, I wasn't talking about the chapter, I saw something in the comment sections, that's why I used "". I think the chapter was amazing and have 0 complaints about it.

@moderateTrouble I can't say anything more about Empress in Another World, since I only read the webtoon. But if you're referring to The Emperor and the Female Knight novel, then, yes, it goes more in-depth. Especially this conversation with Rebecca, they kinda had the same conversation, lengthier, but also kind of a different conclusion. I'll copy-paste what I wrote last chapter.

You see, even though Pol went through those shitty things in the beginning and people looked down on her because she is a woman, she never thought there was something wrong with it; that it was what it was and the system favors the strong, so that's why she always trains. The thing is, not really, she got lucky with Lucius who was more on merit, who gave her a chance. Rebecca was asking her, who broke through the walls, to not forget women who are stuck inside the walls because she was once inside too. Basically, Rebecca is asking Pol to be more ambitious and set precedence so women in their world will have more choices in life, not just a baby boy maker. If it were up to Pol, she would have just lived her life as the only exception in the world. Of course, Rebecca also asked Pol to be more sympathetic to Stra, but, as the novel stated since Rebecca was a greedy (ambitious) woman, she asked Pol for more. Rebecca's rant was more on the hurdles women face than being recognized. Tori will also have some little rant in her mind like Rebecca's, though more subdued. Another spoiler, Lucius likes Rebecca because of her ambition, he likes Stra's kindness and Tori's intelligence. You can find Rebecca's rant in chapters 148 to 151 in the novel. You can read it in novelhall.

Rebecca will come to Pol's office to apologize because of her rant. Pol was offended with her. Pol will tell Rebecca the story that happened when she was in Lucius' army. Remember the chapter when two soldiers of her raped a prostitute? That one. According to the novel, Pol's actually dismissive of women's plight, she's more of a "not like other girls", in her pov, why would she help those who are weak? She wasn't gonna benefit anything from it nor His Majesty. She goes on that if she helped them she might actually lose what she has gained. In her second conversation with Rebecca, Pol thinks her world has expanded because of Rebecca's rant, she also goes on how men also have it bad but she tells Rebecca that she says that as a woman in power. She asked Rebecca to tell her more and in return, she'll tell Rebecca more of her life too. yeah, they became really close friends. Here are some from those chapters:

Chapter 150

Rebecca said to Poliana, "People tell boys that they should have big ambitions. As children, we are taught that boys have ambitions, and girls have ribbons. Boys are encouraged to be greedy while girls are forced to be meek and generous. The only things that the girls can be greedy about are jewelry, pretty dresses, and a handsome husband. My mistake was that all my life, I have been greedy about the things I was told I was allowed to have. Beautiful jewels, expensive dresses, and the most powerful man on the continent… But the truth is, I could've been greedier. I could've and should've fought for more. I should've at least tried to get things people told me I wasn't allowed to have. I should've been braver."

Chapter 151

Marquess Poliana Winter was special. As long as the kingdom remains peaceful, there will never be another woman like her. She was, and always will be, the only one who got accepted as a knightess. There will never be the second "Sir Poliana."

It was a perfect mix of misfortune, luck, effort, and chance that brought her to where she was. For another knightess like her to exist… That would be a miracle. Poliana had to work like a dog to get to this place, and she never thought that she should change the world for the better... To change it so that it would be better and easier for other women…

It was because Poliana herself believed that there was nothing wrong with the system. She always thought it was just the way it was, that it was normal for other women to live as they were. Even when Poliana met Vaxi and Vanessa, who clearly had the talent and desire to become knights, she never really thought that this world was unfair to them.

Dang, this chapter was really good. It brings in a perspective you might not have thought about while seeing her excel so well in the story, especially with most of the recent chapters all being pretty fun and positive.

this is the only webtoon of the genre that i truly believe writes what being a woman really is and i appreciate it so much

It's been a while since I read something that wasn't BL, but this really caught my eye, it has an amazing story, art, and characters, please keep up the good work!

Fed-Kun's army
@Yniv Thank you for the extra information. With the way Pol grew up on the battlefield, it makes that sense that she would find that a "dog eat dog world" to be perfectly normal and be very practical about it. It is good that they have a good exchange of each other's point of view.

Ok the real ship is her and the women of the harem. I’m far more taken by her budding relationships with them than her and the emperor. I feel like realistically, she will have to sacrifice a lot in order to be with him (be it her pride as a soldier, the fact that she doesn’t look at him romantically, her spirit as a knight, how she admires the emperor, her position, having to enter his harem, dealing with the schemes of nobility, etc) and I don’t want her to make those types of sacrifices. I want her to find her own path to her own happiness. Honestly, I don’t know why I kept shipping her with the emperor for this long, since she has never looked at him as a romantic interest. It’s just his one sided affection.

question : in chapter 92, one of the concubines seems to be embroidering something in Korean, no? Any idea what it says?

Users who are viewing this thread