The Lady and the Beast - Ch. 18

Fed-Kun's army
I should feel sorry for the maid, but I don't really. That sort of stuff happens insanely frequently in those times so I don't want to see a redemption arc from her.

(Wait what was that note in the beginning? Are they gonna drop this or pass this onto another group?) ayye it was a misunderstanding, it sounded different
Thank you guys for clearing that up!

Dex-chan lover
Oh my Lord poor girl. She was manipulated but then... She turned on her own principles... Sigh
Many thanks

@Paegal
That's their recruitment page??

Group Leader
@Paegal no, we aren't dropping this. Like it says on the note, we're looking for cleaners/redrawers, typesetters and translators to help us work on this manhwa.

Fed-Kun's army
While I feel sorry for the maid for getting raped and then manipulated... well I can't really say anything because she is just as much as a victim as being a rude. It's understandable really. Many bullies are also like that. Sure there are the real psychopathic bullies, but there are also the bullies that become bullies from mental trauma and abuse.

The maid is emotional weak and easy to manipulate, but she was raped by the baron or whoever (I assume its rape, because that's what the wording implied), which leads to emotional distress. If we know anything about psychology is that people are the easiest to manipulate when they are at their worst. That's how cults work.

Is she beyond redemption? Of course not. But trying to healing the body has always been easier than healing the mind. If they just toss her off as a typical cannon fodder, that would be pointlessly disappointing because that's not how people should be treated (even if it is how they are treated), even if its a fantasy story. You need to help them heal their mental trauma first. And then if they recover but still act like a bitch, then try a little more before giving up.

I mean, showing us her back story, means there's probably going to be more to it than just being a cannon fodder, or maybe the author subscribes to G. R.R. Martin's style of killing everyone given a backstory.

I like this! There's nuance to these characters that usually don't serve as anything more than "annoying characters" that seems like a good sign.

Users who are viewing this thread