The Lady and the Beast - Ch. 18

Dex-chan lover
MurakamiChiaki
Well if she wasn't carrying a child, she should be sentenced as well.

Dex-chan lover
MurakamiChiaki
Even if she was forced to do it, she is liable for punishment. The only reason the Duchess won't, is for the baby's sake.

Well I can't say im surprised as the dumb misogynist favs blaming a rape victims, in a patriarchal setting where she will literal die unless she has a support of a man.

It's not like I'm blaming the maid for being a victim of rape and psychological manipulation by the baron, but what I can't let go is her treatment of her fellow maids. Yes the baron gave her power to keep her around, but she chose to abuse it and inflect her pain and frustration on other maids. I get we that we all go through difficult times in our lives, and the poor Elize here was raped and she's carrying a child from a man that uses her, but as a moral standpoint of any human being, you should never project your pain to others, whether it's abuse, rape or even both. One might go through a lot, but the people near you don't deserve to suffer just because you did, no matter what kind of relief or pleasure one receives from doing so, it's just wrong.

Uh is it just me or are there black pages in between? Even the chapter before this had a black page? Is it intentional or a glitch cause the storyline is getting a bit off with missing parts

@Writerfromanotherstar
She had no friends, cut herself off from her family and former fiancee, and I think she actually had to forcibly kill her own child. By this point, her mental state is not the best.

Fed-Kun's army
and this is why kids....don't be a slut or a dumbass (whichever more fitting in this case)...listen to what Mr.T says lol

Interesting perspective from the maids pov. Nearly all manwha ignore people like her.

Poor maid, I undestand her pov but she did something wrong too like trying to miscarriage her unborn baby. And the Baron's disgusting ugh.

God that poor maid, trapped in an abusive situation, manipulated, highly implied to be raped and having a child she couldn't exactly look after, no wonder she tried to abort. And even now she is growing in delusion thanks to those using her. Still no excuse being a dick and acting out on others. Wonder how this is going to turn out for her.

i feel so bad for elize... she was coerced and raped. i can't believe people are criticizing her for trying to have a miscarriage

I really feel for her, but treating the other maids like that when they too could have fallen into a situation like hers is messed up. If she had reached out to the other maids for support and been friends with them instead maybe they could’ve helped her and things wouldn’t have gotten so bad for her. :(

Users who are viewing this thread