The Lady and the Beast - Ch. 3

Dex-chan lover
I am so glad she killed Theo-whatever. Backstabbing asshole

Group Leader
I think Theodore loves the witch. Thanks for the chapter! 😘

Wait she killed them all? Got her revenge? Two times over? Began a nation and died of old age, and saved the memory of her people? WHAT A RUN, YES!

Double-page supporter
pls come kill me and appoint your butler as king <3

Damn, I was really hoping we'd have the badass woman as a main character, too, but I began to suspect the worst when it started going by faster, faster, faster and eventually 12 years passed?

Fed-Kun's army
Bold move and awesome strategy. Take back the throne from your evil family and make it a good kingdom, poorly frame your most trusted ally and have them take the throne from your now hated family name and have them build a new kingdom outright. This strategy is the makings of a very trusted friend or someone that you love. All in all a way to cleanse a kingdom and make it anew in one fail swoop, love this story so far.

Group Leader
I dunno how to feel about everything else... but I really like that he knew there was no excuse for what he had done.

Oh well, idk how to feel about this, what a tragedy. Her first life was extremely epic, she took her revenge on the first nasty dude, she avenged her family and tribe, and she even killed our ML to conquer and build an even more prominent and imposing empire (not her goal, but she took it and did her best); tbh I wouldn't mind having that as the main story, but I guess I can see why it wasn't. It seems that none of our main characters lived happily despite the positions they attached and they never were fully convinced of anything, except their revenge ofc.

I guess I'm happy with the MC since she was such a powerful, capable, and righteous baddie, but she didn't attain happiness, and what about our ML? What a confusing character, I feel empty; it seems like he just let himself die, he put himself in our MC's hands ready to be killed, he didn't try and he even provoked it. Was that a betrayal? I guess so, but it wasn't a betrayal towards her nor against the Empire, it was towards himself and maybe his blood. It was his plans to be finished by her? Idk, but it seems like he didn't want to be alive or take the power, take care of the country, nothing. Did he truly love the witch? Because if so, then why he didn't get married to her? Was his surname, his blood, his everything so disgusting that he wasn't even willing to continue living or what?

Geez, I can't even be mad at him, I don't find him pitiful either because we don't know enough, but what I can tell, is that he didn't give us enough to truly stan or hate him and that feels so much worse. :'c

Okay, here's my two cents about the whole thing. Seeing that the whole three chapters were the history of the empire, you can't expect all your questions (the reason of betrayal, how the empire was governed, what really happened) to be answered in a short span of time. Besides, history is always rewritten and to favor the mass/the writer. It can be interpreted in many ways as numerous accounts and artifacts continues to show up.

We can't really say that whatever's being taught to them is entirely true (Here's me hoping cause it really had a bad start). Anyway, since the FL is a reincarnation of the late Empress, maybe the truth will be gradually unraveled as we go along the story.

Damn Theodore I was rooting for you!!! Wonder if there's a backstory to his actions that'll be revealed

It seems like he betrayed her because perhaps he promised and she hoped they could live together happily? And after orchestrating a scene where she would have to take action, he ordered her to kill him, so he "used her until the end"

Fed-Kun's army
......She wasn't the female lead? LOL
ffs the author pulled "HAH! this is just the prologue you bitch!" on me .-.

Users who are viewing this thread