The Lady and the Beast

I was so confused for the first few chapters. We only hit the present at the end of chapter 3, and the history seems to be overly detailed/complicated and some things just dont make sense.

- dark folk become very light...why? And now red hair? Umm...okay then
- betrayal out of nowhere that apparently was pretext so she would kill him (this better get explained in the story, cuz it makes no sense to me and there's not much i find more aggravating than random drama)
- Martina becomes empress without any problem..she jjst slashes things down
- she ups and leaves
- attendant becomes king lolwhat
- peace everafter?
- beast curse sort of just thrown in there without context for the curse (or magic in general)

Honestly, the backstory/history sounds like a tryhard attempt at including politics and world building...but it's over the top imo.

ALL THAT SAID,
I'm a sucker and I'm here for romance and an active/capable FL, so part of me hopes he has reincarnated like she has.

@toomanywords can you add a spoiler tag?

i am LOVING THIS SO MUCH!!! I am hella disappointed that they made the dark skin lightened and hair lightened for whatever the reason over the years, and only when they are light
do they finally win
win also again with the dark=evil and white=pure theme, even if
they were innocent the whole time
I dont know if the art was intending to be colorist but it isn’t the best of themes.

besides that i love her as a character i love the strength its amazing. i can kinda tell whats gonna happen but nonetheless i love this kind of lead. does anyone have recs for similar stories?? i need MORE!!!

I know this is fantasy, non fiction etc
But seriously, wouldn’t it be common sense that if a dukedom has a duke that is physically and mentally incapable of managing the estate then the title would be granted to someone else?
Also, if it’s already a wild animal then why not just kill it instead of letting it pose a safety risk not only to the mansions’ occupants but also to the rest of the territory’s population. It looks like everybody knows the duke is an animal already. Even if there is no one else left in the main family the title and estate would go to a branch family. In the first place if this was a known disease that has manifested in the family for decades surely they would have a contingency plan and back up heir?

The Marriage Night
everyone:
Bestialityy...!!!! *panic*
Astina: nah fam I'm just gonna give him a few good wack so I don't need to kill him
Astina: *tame him like a pet dog*
Everyone:
Astina:
Astina: Well that's easy

When she said there was a bit of a problem, i thought she knocked him out hahahh

Didnt know it was a problem of *ahem* hahaha

@WillyBumBum yeah isn't it quite romantic? Just imagine yourself in the situation of the last pannel.
Your wife draging you out of the bedroom on your ankle, unconscious, and telling all the people in front of the door that your thing isn't getting hard.
such romance...
🤣🤣

Users who are viewing this thread