The Lady and the Beast

That's actually a very fair point and concern @LaDeeDah.

It definitely irked me as well. I literally had to question whether I wanted to continue reading this cos that element could've been handled so much better. Or could have added an element of exploring colourism 😞 Especially as colourism is still a pretty big issue in all societies, including South Korea.

That feel when the first arc hasn't even been finished and you take everything at face value.

"Blacks are being discriminated against, now they're dead."

How could they do that to the blacks? It could've been so much more!

This manhwa was surprisingly interesting. I kept avoiding it cuz I thought it was some weird story promoting bestiality but it's not... so far. Safe to say it'll get dropped pretty fast then.
The one thing that bothered me is that I got excited when I first thought there would possibly be brown characters but then nope, they died a long time ago after all their descendants became white and somehow had red hair and green eyes... like what.

@jinxedneth @LaDeeDah

Because the series wouldn't have survived long in Korea if the author had kept dark skinned people as main characters. Asia as a whole has a stigma against dark complexions. Dark = poor and uneducated, White = rich and educated. Centuries of the ruling class could leisurely stay indoors and be pasty white and the poor had to work fields for long grueling hours.

Then there's also the fact that Korea when it was a kingdom had cut itself off for centuries as well, right before the Japanese decided to occupy Korea.

But yeah having brown mains in East Asia is like Hollywood's reasoning that Asians in lead roles in films won't make them money type of mentality. Black/Brown mains won't sell to East Asian audiences. I'm a tan, brown toned Korean from years of outdoor activity of hiking, ect and I'm considered fugly by SK's beauty standards.

3 bad pages in chapter 16
1 is deleted dialogue
1 is cutted comment box or something (idk what it called)
and the last is previous and next page image is not align

yes noob release them chapters HAHAHAHAHA I love anyone who translates my favorite manhuas, wether good or bad english my reading comprehension may still catch up so please release chap 17-21

So blond guy must be the prince, the prince means direct descendant of her loyal retainer/servant? That become the king after she passed away

Lol everyone assembled then

@Rhodolite There are a few Korean series changing the norm with keeping the love interests dark, at least the ML. Amina of the Lamp and The Lady and Her Butler for example. It's a start I guess? I really like both.

Users who are viewing this thread