The Lady and the Beast

Since reading your comment made me believe that people are giving this a 10 just because the mc is powerful, I'll break down that assumption by informing why I gave it a 10 star. I'll admit that the most it deserved out of me was an 7.75 (which I'd round to 8) and I would've given it that had I not read chapter 10. Just the whole joke with her deadpan face made me laugh out so loud and remark to myself that 'wow this is a masterpiece'
That's also the 1st time I thought about leaving a rating because this joke that made me accidently laugh out loud deserves a 10. Did I think about how strong the mc is? No. I was just riding the wave of positive emotions this manhwa brought out of me and I'll just have to say. The only isekai that has managed to do that is konosuba which I absolutely love. Have all the other isekai with a 7.0 rating done that? No. Although I can't say much since I generally stay away from them (unless they're comedy)
Also, the first genre that's listed is comedy and romance is at the far end so I'm not sad that I'm not getting romance for now

MC had her flaws in her past life. She seems like a Mary Sue because she's handling issues well according to her past life experience. Hopefully the author pits her against obstacles that she doesn't know how to deal with soon.

Dex-chan lover
I rated 10 cuz it's enjoyable to read, the joke is good, nothing is too much or too annoying. The FL is strong but there are strong FLs in others as well. I don't think she's a marie sue cuz she's down to earth, her personality is interesting and fresh. All other characters like her sister or the blond hair guy are likeable. And she doesn't have a harem of beautiful boy who are head over heal for her for no reasons. People rate this high just because they like this, and if you don't just rate it 1 or 5 stars whatsoever. Judging people for rating a piece too high than you think doesn't mean you have a good taste.

@socialterrapin Konosuba is an anime and I'm sure there's a manga too but I haven't read it because imo konosuba jokes work best with sound. I don't know if this will suit ypur sense of humor but here's the myanimelist page for it.
https://myanimelist.net/anime/30831/Kono_Subarashii_Sekai_ni_Shukufuku_wo

Korean author: Tale as old as time.
Disney: 😬
Korean author:Song as old as rhyme
Disney: 😑
Korean author: Beauty and the --
Disney: 😡Lawsuit-----
Korean author: Lady and the beast

Hope it doesn't take till the end of season 1 for the Duke to turn back into a human.

@lionfromnorth I don't think this is formulaic compared to other fantasy Korean webtoon we get instead of usual story of being in a novel or being a villainess getting revenge.

This is a reincarnation story but doesn't follow the usual mold of going back in time. So this structure wise isn't the generic plot we get.

Also as for if its deserving of its score that's for you to decide. But it's as popular as it is for its comedic aspect to the story so if people like it and want to give it 9s and 10s that means the story is doing something write.

Wont know till about 50 chapters if it truly deserves the hype.

im suprisingly lowkey liking this manga >.> its quite cliched with its "im not like other girls" but the fact that its 50% comedy makes it less cringy

Aggregator gang
Omg I love this series! Started it today and binged all the chapters, so good! And omg... the giraffe 🦒 scene was A+++++ 🤣 and so many other moments, to awesome 😁😁😁

i love this so much ,, its so ,, wholesome but like not really at the same time ,, the humor is also right up my alley i'm gonna scream

Users who are viewing this thread