The Legendary Mechanic

come on, why are you making up new names for everything.
can' t you check the novels terminology? https://the-legendary-mechanic.fandom.com/wiki/The_Legendary_Mechanic_Wiki

@3ngy
Multiple reasons
1. Some terms from the novel are just bad. Novel readers arent the only people reading this series so being considerate for all readers overall is important.
2. Some terms used in the comic are just straight up different from the novel. This is a change that the comic publisher/artist decided to implement, so it would be unreasonable to go against their wishes.
3. no one is "making up" names. Most of the names are translated as best as the translators could. And mind you, that "best" is most of the time better than the novel tl.

With all the above said, some terms WILL be changed back to novel terms due to other various reasons
For example Mengya-Germinal. None of the translators were caught up with the novel so the importance of Germinal
(MC naming an entire race after the name germinal)
was not known. this was pointed out by novel readers so the change will be made.
thanks for reading.

I really enjoyed the novel and am more or less up to date. I am really happy to see this finally getting an adaptation. Can't wait to see how the big things are adapted. Btw, where are you guys reading the novel? I am reading it at novelfull. Is there an official english?

@Rustes
the official is on Webnovel (https://www.webnovel.com/book/the-legendary-mechanic_8662546605001405), be prepared to spend a pretty penny though, since their pricing schemes are Bad™. Most chinese webnovels are officially translated on Webnovel. Their parent company, Qidian has translation teams dedicated to this.

but unfortunately, the TL of the novel is, frankly, pretty damn trash,
@GrimThoughts what are you talking about? Novel is translated pretty decently, have you read the MTL (machine translation) of the novel by any chance? There are 1000+ chapters decently translated.

Double-page supporter
@Grimstar Thanks for alerting me, I had no clue. And yeah, I thought that only the MTL existed, guess I didn’t look hard enough lol

i thought MC gonna make all-rounder character not just mechanic,, since background story said he's rank 47 globally with 10 years experience

interesting manhua, it's still early chaptes but imma wait for it

btw,,
i think it should've Drama tag on

The novel was 1000x better, how did it become so bad when the novel was god tier?
Was so hyped when I saw there was a manga adaption, but now... my disappointment is immeasurable, and my day's ruined.

@HotHotChicken
just checked the official translation and I have to apologize for my earlier statement of your translators making up new names. They actually went with Hella instead of Hila and Incubation instead of Germinal, what the heck, so disappointed...
the novel translation went great ways to make it accessible for the western market by using lots of western sounding words (not sure if they used them in the original too). this is something I value a lot in translations, since all those asian names may sound nice to asians, but to a westerner they are just getting more and more confusing.
Come as it may, I will not read the manhua simply because I am reading the novel and it has progressed a long way. These early chapters hold little contend for me and I just wanted to see, how the artists wanted to create it.
Germinal will not only become the name of a race but the name of his own financial group also. He will often reminisce how much potential the original Germinal organisation held, even more so when he finds out about the importance of their hidden card (i will not spoiler this one even in a spoiler, but it is BIG)

@3ngy all the western names that the novel translation used were indeed supposed to sound western
in fact, some names that were supposed to sound western actually wasn't translated correctly by the novel translation. One example is doing "An" (this is the pinyin for 安) instead of "Anne" (the one we did). there are other examples as well.
Overall the translation is fine, its just that a number terms and names are either slightly mistranslated or off. its not a big deal tho. most doesn't impact the story as much. But yeah that official translation is uhhhh rough.

also side note, it IS supposed to be Hella, which is actually a used English name. not common, but a legit one for sure. We were gonna do that but it just looked so weird so we changed it.

Fed-Kun's army
can someone who has read the novel explain this

alright so im a hundred chapters in, but im still confused about how these beta trials take place in the world. are these real and alive players from his original world interacting with him? initially i suspected that the world was just rerunning the simulation of what happened when players first got into Galaxy or smthn but seeing that he has directly impacted the world players interact with, i need clarification

im confused cuz usually in these type of plots, the mc reincarnates/transfers into the game world itself which is an universe on its own, unimpacted by real gamers from his world / doesnt follow the logic of being a game buf an acrual world

Like doesn't he wear a black windbreaker and black hair in the novel? also, why do certain scenes look like MC and Hella look like they are forcing them to have intimate moments and what's with the oversexualization?

@eminyan
He got himself transfered into the game before beta testing (AKA before the game's release). These players are, in fact, real, living human from MC's original world (Earth). Every single of MC's action DOES infact influence the players. So, MC is taking advantage of these players because they're immortal, just a walking ATM, and they would do basically anything for some small xp and rewards. He's really smart in the novel. Because he was a hardcore gamer back then, he knew the player's mentality and started expoiting it. And it works. Before he goes to space, he has gathered 2.5 BILLION exp from the players alone. So do NOT associate novel MC to manhua MC. They're different and everyone reading the novel agreed to NEVER talk about the manhua again.

Ya know, the art is pretty bad lol. All of them have a weird feeling... I think I know what it is. Their eyes look like they're looking in opposite directions. All of their postures look awkward as well. It looks like this won't follow the novel as well... rip reading about Han Xiao again. It'll be better to just read the novel again.

Fed-Kun's army
@rei32
ty for the explanation! i thought that before he got transferred, the game was alr released? which was why i thought he had been transported to an alternate universe where he is able to interact with players of the past..

ngl its kinda weird how the developers havent done anything about han xiao? idk if this is a plot point thats meant to be revealed later on that explains it but ud think if some random npc showed up and started acting on its own, the developers would be surprised or assume its a bug... maybe in this manhua, technology has gotten to the pt where ai can generate characters and plot points?

lolol the art of the manhua is nice but i do agree han xiao is dumbed down in the manhua 😭 parts of the manhua have been lowkey changed or been brushed aside which make it 😟❓

Just read the novel this art style and adaptation as a whole just destroys the original work

@eminyan
it first looks like a typical isekai, BUT around chapter 1200 he goes to another universe and what he learns there gives the reader some new quite interesting ideas
but I won't say more^^

Users who are viewing this thread