The Legendary Moonlight Sculptor

Supporter
@urmumske i am quite sure they are but i will talk about what i know
and well i did see some modeling on sketchup and i din't see the poly or thing like that

well i did not talk about the worst thing about the 3d model, and the problem is the the distribution of details where you will see some flat par and the next face will be full of line to the point some part are just looking like a black texture with allising problem

Tbh I don’t see the issue with the art for S3. I’ve seen much worse artwork, but it’s just an opinion. I do understand the frustration of a new style each. Freaking. Season. Especially after a 2 year hiatus. At least we can all rejoice that the waiting IS over, so just enjoy what you can. If not, then just put the series away so as to not constantly complain and ruin it for others

TO ANYONE LOOKING FOR CHAPTER 116 AND 117 HERE IT IS:

been looking for those as well... I hope it helps

@BIgkill48 for me its less the art style itself and more so just how much younger the MC looks/feels.

In the LN hes described as a large strong guy with dark hair, in his 20's. In the various seasons of the manga he got slimmed down and less muscular (thats fine) but each season sorta drops his age and he feels progressively more and more like some sort of "high school hero" both in how he acts but also in his appearance.

A great example of this is the Devil May Cry/DMC games. The original Weed is more like Dante from the original Devil May Cry Series (first 4 games) where as this new Weed is more akin to "Dante" from the DMC recent "reboot" who is scrawnier and more like a broody emo teen instead of this badass half demon dude.

I think this new artist/art style is showing action better, and thats nice. Though I can really see where people have issues particular with character design.

Wow that manhwa went from my absolute favourites at the end of season 2 to I can't even read the speach bubbles so horrible is the art in season 3.

I really hope they rethink their approach to the art style.

Dex-chan lover
a reminder that ch 116 and 117 is still missing. those were done by Meraki and as you know they sulked out.

Why on Earth does this have such a high rating? I don't even have high standards for this genre of VR video game stories, but this is...completely mediocre. Also, the sudden change in style--both character design and overall style--is jarring, strange, and definitely not an improvement. It's so cartoony now.

The MC is so boring. The world is boring, both in and out of the game. The side characters are far more interesting, but they get virtually no time, even including the stoic muse that Weed uses for his sculptures. She clearly had a whole backstory growing that just disappeared for forever along with her character. No side characters serve any purpose at all, except to distract for a bit from Weed's lameness.

I've read every chapter (122 at present) and I'm still waiting for it to get good. It's an easy read, at least, but that's just because the storyline only makes progress every 20 chapters, and everything in between is just Weed doing something boring. I think the style change for Season 3 is based on the fact that it's so boring. The author wants to inject more humor through the style, but it's not getting any better yet, just goofier.

Holy shit, since when this gem of a manga restarted its translation?
Sagusa translator-kun

Binged read it and it's pretty good. The S3 art style change is really jarring tho. I think it changes the feel of the story.

First off, the art's not bad, but it really changes the feel. So far there's more chibi usage and "generic anime&emoticon expressions"(or whatever the proper term) is compared to the previous seasons.

Characters feel off too, that Murderer mark lady doesn't give off the cool distant beauty feel. Weed now looks like a common teenage Shounen protagonist. Weed's sister's hair got a bit longer.

Hopefully I'll over my bias against S3 art style as more gets released.

Double-page supporter
@Jestervae I think LMS is one of the first novels people getting into the web novel scene read, and one of the first VRMMO manwhas, so people have a bit of a soft spot for it even though it's pretty average overall. Also pretty much the same reason Sword Art Online is so popular although there's hundreds of mmo manga/anime nowdays.

Maybe it's the long hiatus, but it feels like the story lost its momentum somehow. The new art style doesn't exactly help either. It's so generic.

I love the novel of this. My favorite artstyle was also the first one. Those smooth colors were always a joy to look at. After the art changed I kinda lost interest in this.

Man.. after bingeing this I thought MAN the first art style WOW so unique but then it changed into a more.. generic one but i got used to it and enjoyed it honestly but this third art change? I feel like its so chibi and overly cute it kind of ruins any of the story thats been built up. Idk if thats just me or not though 😦

Users who are viewing this thread