The Live - Ch. 40

Group Leader
@limoncello
I agree, in English, using the word “seed” sounds very odd. But I do plan to continue using it as that’s what they use in Korean. Perhaps it sounds odd because of “seed” being used to refer to “semen” or “offspring,” or maybe there’s another reason.

However, “seed” is the most accurate term I could think of that fulfills the requirements of 1) matching the original korean and 2) communicating the functionality of the item in question.

Dex-chan lover
@luardemin It's a thing that a living being grows out of through stealth preg/mpreg. "Seed" is basically the only appropriate word here.

Hell, I know "demon seeds" as plot devices have been used a number of times in both Korean and Japanese WNs, so it's not even an unusual thing that stands out from where I'm standing.

Group Leader
@twinklecake

Oh yeah, definitely agree. There’s really nothing else that works. It just sounds somewhat odd if you’re not used to that kind of plot device, like me.

@luardemin the translation is great-- i was just saying how disturbing a demon seed aka semen being implanted into you so you birth a demon is haha. thanks so much for the hard work!!

That’s kinda low key terrifying having a baby demon inside you let alone slowly taking control over your body 😱

i just gotta say this, they convinced everone else that the murder guild was conspiring super easily, like i brought a baby demon in claimed it came from them with no evidence and the person who told us we can tell you who he is either, is there anything stopping them from doing this to other groups outside of the table who cant even object?

It's weird how the author is trying to make things that don't sound gay sound gay. Trust me, I read so much bl, if there was even a hint of gay I would've spotted it. There's no gay here.

Users who are viewing this thread