The Magical Revolution of the Reincarnated Princess and the Genius Young Lady - Vol. 1 Ch. 3

Why's she suddenly called Anise, did I miss something? I thought her name was Anne Sophia, is Anise a nickname??

I really like how much they streamline and condense everything from the LN.

Dex-chan lover
@JWChibi
Just house arrest, they deserve more punishment than that
Why? He broke off engagement to be with who he really loves, what exactly is wrong with that? The way he did it may have been better and perhaps that warrants the house arrest, but he HAD to do it in a way it would stick, in public, so he couldn't be pressured to take it back because of his position as the crown prince.

I've read all three chapters and still not get what's so highly aggravating about it, someone care to explain? Does the manga adaptation miss something from the novels?

Group Leader
@Chizan well its badly explained in the manga, but basically its politically a very bad move that could split large noble factions and cause unrest or even civil war

Having read the LN, I get the distinct impression that the manga really has to reach sometimes to make Anise's actions humourous rather than borderline abusive. Maybe it's just me, but the LN had the maid's attitude be much more serious rather than played for laughs, she really seemed to resent her situation. Likewise, Anise was far more overt and aggressive in her lust for Euphie, and made no mention of wanting her consent before acting on it. The manga is doing a very good job of trying to turn everything towards being funny rather than horrifying, but even so it seems to sometimes still fall a little short.

@Chizan His marriage was a political entity designed to forestall civil discord and strengthen the unity of the kingdom. His actions undercut the authority of the throne and publically insulted one of the kingdom's second most important authorities, in a culture where insult cannot be ignored lest someone be seen as too weak to defend themselves. Euphie's father is obligated to respond to such an insult, potentially leading to civil war. Both what the prince did and the way he did it were really really stupid.

@Chizan
Yes it is a bad thing too insult one of your biggest supporters and nobles daughter in public spreading false rumors that will Damage not only her image but also her family. Now rivals families and factions can use it to lessen legitimacy. Wars have been fought over for less.

Fed-Kun's army
Expressions of every single characters in here are priceless! I could make a thousand sticker out of this manga by the end of it.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the explanations everyone. But I'm still on the prince's side on the issue of him refusing to be forced into unwanted marriage, that's the fault of the system not him.

Euphie!
Omg this manga is awesome!
Everything is so good, can't wait to see the next chapter!

Aggregator gang
@Chizan: He falsely accused her of ATTEMPTED MURDER. He could have gotten this innocent girl KILLED by doing that. He sent the country to the verge of a civil war, risking destroying it altogether. And more,
he isn't doing this because he doesn't want to be part of an unwanted marriage. He's doing it because he's an immature little brat who's being all "Waaaaaaahh! My parents never pay enough attention to me, so I'm going to scream and whine and break everything until they do! Waaaaaaaaaahhhhh!

Also
he isn't breaking off the engagement to be with a girl he really loves, because he doesn't love that girl. He is actually plotting to murder her.

Moreover, the enagement didn't have to be broken off publically. Had he approached the families declaring that there were unreconcilable differences between the two of them, it could have been broken off quietly in a controlled way that didn't utterly destroy an innocent girl's life. He knows that, and yet refused to do it.

There is nothing, whatsoever, in any way, that is even remotely sympathetic about that scummy excuse for a prince.

@Chizan
Again the problem isn't that he didn't want to marry her the problem is how he did it. Saying i don't love you and I want someone else =/= Spreading malicious lies about her trying to have someone assassinated and bullying someone.

and so the journey to create a harem(?) of girls started......

who cares about the prince..the poor guy will be tossed to afterlife if he's still asking for trouble right?

Users who are viewing this thread