The Magnificent Grand Scene - Vol. 16 Ch. 78 - Background

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter! I still can't believe a hentai author could write such a pure and deep manga.

Dex-chan lover
Is it that time again? For new chapters to appear? Well you just made my week it seems.
Also glad you only released them today so I can enjoy them weekly. Before today, was away from a computer for ages due to... well, a console launch. That makes people forget everything else easily when it sucks you in.

This chapter really did show Kanade's difficulties currently at the school. It's not that she's finding it a hard place to be at, rather it's a different place she is still so unused to. I particularly liked how she got words mixed up, and how everything being in English is still daunting to her with her current level of understanding, because it really does show that she's not English here in this school, that she only has a decent grasp so far, and there is plenty that she has yet to learn about the language. Plus cultural norms differ too, like with the statue and her own views differing from those of the children.
It was kind of cute seeing her standing next to them though in terms of height when you realise she would have started at their age or younger and simply seeing how tall she is against them hits how long she's been at this for.

Of course then the chapter ended on a more sombre note. As tough as things are for Kanade, she's getting by and taking it as a challenge. She's looking forward to everything to come, and she goes off in a group of her friends and dormmates all excited. Then you have Shouko, calling Kanade and sitting on a bed alone. That ending basically makes me think that for her, she isn't adapting to life as easily. She isn't like Kanade in that she can accept the challenge head on, despite her problems at the time. Most likely things are still a struggle for her, and she might be finding it harder to make friends too without Kanade around, since Kanade has never really struggled at drawing in those around her. Shouko would have always benefited from being in that orbit, but being away from her now must make things difficult.

@SuperOniichan that's still a surprise to know that. You don't expect to hear that with serialized authors, mostly because you assume contracts would prevent them from doing so.

Dex-chan lover
@TakeiDaloui Well, in my experience, such authors either draw frank ecchi, or illustrate works where attractive hyped characters are needed. Or both, as in the case of Souma's artist.

Dex-chan lover
@SuperOniichan Yeah. It's rare to see one end up transitioning to a series that has never been even a bit ecchi in the slightest. It's so easy for authors with prior experience to play on that to draw in fans. Using the Souma example you provided, though I don't know if they had experience prior to that work, just look at all the reactions to good food.
But the author here, doesn't do it. We get a great story, great art, without any need to compromise it in order to try and sell it to a wider market. Which is honestly great to see.

Dex-chan lover
I hope the last of page of the chapter means we're gonna get some focus on Shouko next. I have enough of Kanade for now. I want to see how Shouko is doing.

Fed-Kun's army
@1idd0kun I personally really hope Kanade will stay as the main focus and that we will get updates about other characters trough her but well we will see

Dex-chan lover
@Mivas

There's way too much focus on Kanade. I know she's the MC and all, but some times it's best to share the focus a bit. Two or three chapters dedicated to Shouko now would be ideal. But we'll see.

Dex-chan lover
@SuperOniichan @TakeiDaloui It's not uncommon for mangaka to kickstart their careers by drawing hentai. It's also a reliable way to pay the bills and gain more practice while you're trying to get your own story serialised. It doesn't make their other work any less impressive.

You would be surprised by how many big name manga artists have drawn hentai at some point in their careers.

Dex-chan lover
@karolyn I had sort of heard that but I wasn't sure on how many did so. I guess if they use a different penname too at that time it can be harder to tell unless you can identify their artwork, and even then it might have changed since then unless it's distinctive in its style.

Dex-chan lover
@1idd0kun The focus won't stay off of Kanade for multiple chapters, at most 1 chapter like almost every other time it's happened barring Sakura at the YAGP. This is still Kanade's story after all and while Shouko, Sakura and Ema are also major characters they're not the central focus of the series like Kanade is.

Users who are viewing this thread