The Maid I Hired Recently Is Mysterious - Vol. 1 Ch. 6

Supporter
@dummyaccount12345 I don't think I saw a reply to this, but, essentially, as the story goes, when God created Adam, he decided to create a woman who would be his equal in all things; this woman was Lilith. However, she was headstrong and did not obey Adam, preferring that agreements and arrangements be made mutually. This vexed Adam, because he considered himself the new master of the Earth, so to speak. They often quarreled, with Lilith generally getting the better of Adam; and so in tears, he begged God to create a new wife for him. This new woman, fashioned using one of Adam's own ribs, was subservient to Adam, but also naive. This was Eve. Lilith was cast out of the Garden of Eden during the creation process by angels, and her story either ended there or took a different route, depending on the source. In some Christian marriage vows, it is explicitly stated that the wife is to obey the husband, lending some credence to this origin story.

Of course, this faith story is ridiculous when compared to that of the Order, but make of it what you will. 👽

@DevLogger
Dude, thanks! Nobody answered that question. To be honest, I didn't even remember asking it (it has been over a year, I think), but I really appreciate it. I've always been curious about what role Lilith played, but I could never remember to look it up when I had the chance, so your explanation was really enlightening.

Supporter
@dummyaccount12345 Glad I could exposit about it, heh; not many people look into that sort of thing nowadays. Indeed, it's no wonder that young master Yuuri reacted darkly to the name Lilith. Most stories about her claim that after being cast from Eden, she became very vengeful towards Adam and Eve; she eventually found comfort in the arms of the former archangel, Samael, aka Satan. Their union spawned many terrible things in the world at that time. It's even said that she was the one who suggested the lie that Satan then told the naive Eve about the Tree of Knowledge. Other stories claim that she is also known as Lilitu, queen of the Succubi. Pardon the rambling.🤓

@DevLogger
No problem! Extra information is always appreciated! I already knew that she sometimes appears as the queen of the Succubi, but I didn't know she often stars in that role under another name. I also didn't know that in some stories she tells Satan how to trick Eve. That certainly gives more depth to it. Thanks for sharing!

Users who are viewing this thread