The Manager and The Oblivious Waitress - Ch. 24 - The JK & an Umbrella

Supporter
As much as they can add to the reading experience, I wouldn't concern yourself with fully redrawing sfx. A brief note nearby is usually all that's needed.
image.png

Dex-chan lover
Hi, thanks for picking this up! For the SFX bit.. tbh I don't mind that too much. What I need is just the translation for the chapter to read. So you can leave it like that imo. And tbh again, I rarely see/notice any SFX unless it's an action or similar genre

Dex-chan lover
Dude should move out. I don't recall if it has been said where the cafe is located, but even if it's in Tokyo, which ought to have the worst housing situation in Japan, it's still not worth it. If he's doing it out of parsimony, saving, saving, and saving money until he can buy his own place, with as little debt money as possible, then he shouldn't complain about the negative sides of staying in his parents' house.

Dex-chan lover
As long as the dialogues are good then I'm good.
Keep doing the Japanese idiom explanations though, that's more interesting than translated SFX sounds.

Dex-chan lover
Great work, thanks for the TL. I don't think anyone really cares that much about onomatopoeia so Just translating it as a note is enough.

Dex-chan lover
Nah fuck that. If it's my car you ask you don't take it just because you can. If I was him I would put my foot down. I would not care if my parents got on to me about it. You lay down the law you do not submit.

Dex-chan lover
Nah fuck that. If it's my car you ask you don't take it just because you can. If I was him I would put my foot down. I would not care if my parents got on to me about it. You lay down the law you do not submit.
I agree but given he lives with his family it is probably the family's car, not his personally. That's my reasoning at least, knowing that urban japanese people don't usually own more than 1 car per household

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the TL! Looks good. For sfxs I think its neat when there's just a tl/n nearby that say what they are. Try to get used to seeing sound effects in Japanese.

Dex-chan lover
Redrawing the sound effects can be nice, but it's not worth it if it takes too much time or effort.

Dex-chan lover
I fucking love it when someone picks a series and start calling his translations/redrawing bad only for it to be perfect lol
Thanks for picking this up!

Users who are viewing this thread