The Manager of the Baseball Club Is Strict Only With Me - Vol. 1 Ch. 10

Dex-chan lover
I mean, it is happy in context, if extremely bittersweet: they actually did get to live a long life, together, with her managing to prevent him from an early grave. She can finally rest after who knows how many time loops.

But he ended up having to live whatever is left of his life without someone who showed such care and affection for him.

Fed-Kun's army
I don't hate this ending but I felt like it should have been built up a little more by seeing both of them getting older because right now it just feels like they have their first kiss and then she dies

Dex-chan lover
Who said this is bad or sad ending ?

Everyone dies wether you like it or not, young or old, from sick or killed.

It's implying that they are married, have 8 children (Abe is happy in heaven), and live through 100 years old without any tragedy.

She leaps through 23 times of tragedy, and has mentality and experience of around 200 years old. And she did it, probably he will join her later not much later

Group Leader
Aww k'mon Sky0000, you got to do the first and the last chapters, what more do you want?

Supporter
This isn't an unhappy ending... just a kinda unsatisfying one...

Felt like there was a lot to enjoy.... and we didn't get it...

But it's technically happy... they live till 100 and die holding each others hands...

But we are getting cheated by so much....
I think it works if you sort of "read between the lines." with it. We got all the information from her about the unsatisfactory endings, and what she would want to have changed. While yes, we didn't get to directly see it, the author let's you picture for yourself what those points in time would now be like. He wouldn't be unhealthy. He wouldn't have injured himself and be able to continue playing. They could have a baseball team of children. And then a fulfilling life all the way to 100.

Dex-chan lover
Not a good ending? She's free from looping through time and they spent their long, long lives together. She succeeded! I would have liked more fluff, but dammit she won!

Contributor
Seems the 23rd time is the charm. It's the last and correct timeline for our dear baseball club manager, decades after she's stopped being a high school baseball club manager.

It's not really a bad ending since she fulfilled her life's objective to save him and it's implied they're married with grandkids if he's calling her "grandma"; Still, I would've wanted to see them get married and not just implied to have happened offscreen. That was a missed opportunity. I guess this time it's his turn to grieve, she already did 22 times after all. At least he'll only go through it once and then they'll meet in the afterlife not long after.

I guess the massive timeskip at the end is pretty much on-brand for this mangaka. It's clear he learned to do this from his earlier manga, the Naive Assistant and the Professor

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Honestly this is a perfect ending considering. She did what she set out to do, she saved him a bunch of times & she finally died peacefully. I think this is the way to go
Yes but at least i dont want to see the ending this way. I want to see them marry and her finally realise she can relax as she got the happy ending. We all know they will eventually die, but going from their "first kiss" straight to the death bed with him crying doenst feel happy at all even if it technically is.

Dex-chan lover
make short and cute tsundere girl series
insert random time travel shenanigan that confuses the fuck out of your readers
never go back to that plot point
abruptly end the series after few more short tsundere shenanigans

Yeah it was short and fun but holy shit the overall story pacing is dogshit. I'd rather the author removed that time travel plot point because it's so out of field and left hanging there.

Dex-chan lover
I think it works if you sort of "read between the lines." with it. We got all the information from her about the unsatisfactory endings, and what she would want to have changed. While yes, we didn't get to directly see it, the author let's you picture for yourself what those points in time would now be like. He wouldn't be unhealthy. He wouldn't have injured himself and be able to continue playing. They could have a baseball team of children. And then a fulfilling life all the way to 100.
Oh, I get that... but... still... I feel like we could have more of the relationship.... and maybe not have any of that time travel BS....

Users who are viewing this thread