The Max Level Hero Has Returned! - Vol. 1 Ch. 30

I think after reading this translation and a few of the others I have come to understand the king’s motives in all of this. I think most people think the king is an ass but he’s basically a tired old man imprisoned on a throne. He knows that the kingdom is going to collapse into anarchy. At this point he takes the opportunity to send Davy away so he won’t be caught in the chaos. My guess is he also sends Barrys and Winnie away to school in the empire and makes his other sons the heirs so they inherit the mess. The idea being that the children he loves can survive outside what is to come, and the family he hates he’ll keep close to die in the flames of the kingdom with him.

@Drefeliz13 the king is very stupid going along with that. He is giving the traitorous enemies more power by doing that and making those he wishes to protect more vulnerable since they would have less power to protect themselves. He would be more productive just becoming a tyrant, killing the terrible queen and her children, and allowing himself to be executed afterwards for the crime.

@Dazdigo

Well you are assuming the guards are loyal to him and not to the queen, that he would have anyone who would listen to him and allow him to be a tyrant. He is not so much handing the traitors power as he is letting them hold onto a time Bomb. The kingdom is a sinking ship. My point is that even Davy admits that at this point the kingdom is too rotten to save and has to be purged. That’s probably why the father thinks Davy refused the crown offer. He sees now that even Davy as capable as he is could not save the Kingdom from collapse. Sucks for the people that are gonna be caught up in it, but that’s why at long last I think the king will save his family he loves and send them away.

Thanks for the translation! Was a bit of a struggle to see the chapters popping up but having to wait for a decent tl!

@Drefeliz13 I agree with you about send them away to move them away from this mess. But I hope that he will start cleaning up in the background with the Marquis that got the report from Davy.

Anyway I am grateful for this translation because I can't fully understand the chapter before reading it.

@Aeliandil I can't control myself like you. Honestly I read the chapter as soon as it's out then wait for this translation to fully understand it

Thank you! I also prefer the slower release with better translation.

yo i love that barys is taller than davy thank you for coming to my tedtalk

Dex-chan lover
pg 2 "ducal family" I had to look up this word. Please don't use obscure words in translations unless absolutely necessary. You could easily just say "duke's family"
while I know what "perilous" means, it's uncommon enough to cause reading of the text to slow down to process it
"It means we've to consider an insurrection" -> "It means we have to [consider]/[prepare for] the possibility of a rebellion". don't contract "we have" to "we've". Also, without the extra info "the possibility of", it makes the line seem like she's the one instigating the insurrection. Also would've been better to use another word instead of "insurrection", it's not a common enough word.

pg 3 "go and cultivate the territory that has been given you" -> "go and cultivate the territory that has been given to you"
"I'm sure they've their own reasons" -> "I'm sure they have their own reasons". same as before, don't contract "have". Only reasonable case of contracting "have" is when followed by another verb phrase, like "I've done it already", or "I've fallen ill", "They've been resting at home", "We've eaten many things before", "What I've seen is the stuff of nightmares". "they have" may be somewhat contracted in speech [ðeɪ hæv] -> [ðeɪ ə̯v] or [ðeɪ æv], but there's still another syllable there, and contracting this in text is not common.

pg 4 "and if I get the chance to destroy my enemy, so much the better" -> "and if I get the chance to destroy my enemy, so much the even better". also optionally flip the order to -> "(it'll be) even better if I get the chance to destroy my enemy"
"You've to let us know"-> "You have to let us know". Every native English speaker will emphasize "have" as a separate word in this context, unless its function is replaced by another word ("you've gotta let us know").

pg 5 "and they will be falling all over themselves to help you" -> "and they'll (all) be falling (all) over each other to help you". flow issue. "all" could go in either position. fine to contract "will" here.

pg 6 "but there's a self-imposed limit on arrogance which you won't allow yourself to go beyond" bro why is this so long, the Asura version is half the length and means basically the same thing. "but you won't let your arrogance go too far" is sufficient
not sure why both you and Asura used "vicarious"/"vicariously" here, I legit had to look it up.

pg 7 "accursed land", not sure if you mean "land that is hated" or "literally land that is magically cursed by gods/etc". If by the former, use another word. If the latter, just use cursed. Asura used just "cursed" so I assume the latter, though the context could be either.

Users who are viewing this thread