The Monster Duchess and Contract Princess - Ch. 18

Ahh, here I am re-reading and having my heart broken AGAIN by the hot-chocolate thing and Leslie's whole life prior to arriving at the duchess's estate T^T Honestly it's a miracle that family gave birth to such a precious child...

the only thing i dislike in this story is how they're able to tell she was abused just by looking into her eyes.
That shit doesn't happen in real life, this is way too fantasist for me, even with magic on the side
it annoys me a bit, maybe cause i endured a lot and like, no one could tell, if you don't tell anyone they won't find out that's just how it goes
i wonder if i'm wrong on this

@ Reivlun I agree, I can see if they can tell that something is off but to say but to know just from looking at her or having a short conversation with that she was abused is a bridge too far.

"what's hot chocolate?" *sob*

It took me aback that the maid couldn't tell that Leslie was abused.

Double-page supporter
I love all those background details like when she dropped her spoon or now when the cushion fell.

Massacre that family my god at this rate i might travel through dimension to kill that family (if truck-chan come by)

Dex-chan lover
@Reivlun Truly perceptive people can pick up on things like abuse that easily, actually. The thing is, very few people are as perceptive as they wished they were, and while many think they're Holmes or even Watson, really they're more like the normal person asking Holmes or Watson what they were thinking because they haven't the slightest clue. The Duchess seems to be one such perceptive person, who can put together all the little things and make such an educated guess based on what she sees... and even she dismissed Leslie out of hand at first because she didn't think anything of her and didn't bother giving her a really good look, until she proved unnatural tenacity that piqued the Duchess' curiosity.

Users who are viewing this thread