The Monster Duchess and Contract Princess - Ch. 55

@NamelessSoldier Death is too good for them. Tear their digits off, cauterize the wounds, tear their hands and feet off, cauterize the wounds, tear their forearms and lower legs off, cauterize the wounds, so on and so forth.

@NyxxyN Yes I felt just the way you did. But she trusts her a ot. When Leslie was at her worst and she was suffering, this woman (I forgot her name) helped her or h=reached out to her. That's why she wants to repay her and maybe her feelings got to her. She must have felt bad that the knights don't trust the woman (again don't know her name) as much as she does.

She is a child. She can get emotionally frustrated.

DANGIT!!!!! sealed windows... huge fireplace... heavy bracelet...

does her baby even exist xd

The look in Amora's (I probably butchered her name) eyes in the last panel says, "Please forgive me, Leslie." I don't know why but I'm getting a bad feeling about this.

Leslie screaming like that is very out of character. It's so odd that it took me out of the story lol

Fed-Kun's army
Did not like Leslie this chapter. She is normally nice and grateful. But she instantly goes to yelling at the guards. She's a smart girl, so I'm pretty sure she'd understand everything. I still can't believe that she'd even yell at them to leave her alone, nor can I believe the guards would actually disobey the Duchess and leave her alone.

Dex-chan lover
@SovietWeeb Amroa was the sole person to actually be nice to her in the entirety of her life until she escaped to the Duchess. She's panicking because of how she was being treated with suspicion, and while she's been taught etiquette, remember that until her latest teacher she was taught the etiquette of a serving maid or maid-in-waiting, NOT that of a noble lady. Combine that with how everyone has been reinforcing to her that a Salvatore acts, and this seems quite reasonable for her to react like. Madel should immediately have interfered with the bracelet, though; she failed at that point, but at least she is attempting learning the knot, so she can undo it herself.

Group Leader
Leslie, you're so naive! You said you can tell a lie from the truth, but... 😔
200.gif

Thanks for the chapter! 😊

I feel like it was in character unlike what people are saying here though... A life as horrendous as Leslie's, the smallest grace in her darkest times, of course, she will remember the person and their deed and will unconsciously think they are truly kind. You guys have seen it in so many novels and comics, where the saving grace of someone at their darkest time, no matter how small, will be deeply imprinted in them.

Of course she feels mad that they were doubting her benefactor in that manner, it would be weird if she wasn't, if she were a cold and ruthless character it may have not been the case, but she's kind hearted. She feels sad and insulted that her benefactor was doubted like that, and I think it would have been out of character if she had let the knights "humiliate" her in that manner.

A very simple comparison would be, people testing the food that your parent (mom or dad) for poison, I'll tell you, if someone did that to me with the food that my parents gave me, I'd be angry, so I think Leslie's in a similar state.

Users who are viewing this thread