The Monster Duchess and Contract Princess - Ch. 55

Nooooo! Leslie why?! I’m so worried!!!! Stay safe!!! 😭😭😭

Thank you for translating this chapter.

Double-page supporter
People excusing this stupidity because "She is still a child" don't remember that all of her attendants suddenly turned off their brains as well. They aren't children.

Totally blaming the Author. This was so out of character for Leslie. Such a dumb move and a clear display of plot convenience 🤣

Dex-chan lover
The knights probably wouldn't think of suspecting the bracelet anyway.

BRO THEY SHOULDA WAITED FOR THE REST OF THE KNIGHTS WHYYYYY

This was the one maid she trusted from that house cuz she was the only one who gave her food despite knowing there might be consequences and as a result had her job taken from her. She is visiting her restaurant to pay her back for trying to help her out a bit all those years ago and the loss of her job that resulted. She is upset because they are treating someone who she trusts as untrustworthy. She is still a child, and while she has her trust issues with people, this is someone who has given her a reason to trust her and whom she considers a fellow friend who was slighted by the Sperado household. She won't let her friends be insulted. Not to mention, time with a loving family may have softened her up a bit and made her more accepting/understanding.

That's an effective feint. Non-poisoned food, but the iron in the bracelet.

Amb keeps dropping hints or providing escape options for Leslie who keeps failing to recognize them.

I wonder if she's being bound by some magical contract like those other employees who died in captivity once they revealed evidence behind the Marquess? 🤔

While I agree that Leslie's sudden outburst is rather odd from a writing standpoint, I think all the angry comments about it are kind of overblown. Seriously, cool your tits, people. I've seen far worse plot conveniences than this, so Leslie's clinging to the idiot ball is small potatoes to me.

For what it's worth, her reckless decision does get addressed and has serious consequences for her and Amroa, and based on what the story has done so far, I highly doubt the creators would just ignore something like that and leave it unaddressed.

It's annoying when authors make a character inconsistent just to drive a plot. Leslie never raises her voice at even her enemies and now she yells at her guards? She's been established as very understanding, but she can't handle her guards following their orders?
Most of this is fairly written that's why this scene is particularly bothersome. Stands out like a mud speck on a white wall.

Yep i m dropping this for few months. I cant handle when author just change their character personality just for the sake of it. Leslie is 12 not 5. She is also deemed as a very smart but sensitive kid as well. Then seeing her character development with how she handled her bullies before, this is just a set back once again. Eventhough she might not anticipate any wrongdoing from the maid regardless how many hints her maid already gave her, she should not do what she did to her knights. FOR someone who has been through so much hell, she should atleast BE A BIT MORE CAUTIOUS WHEN IT COMES TO HER SAFETY.

Dex-chan lover
@iwannachew I wouldn't say she trusts her, that would also have put her in a place where she might see the weird signs (where is the actual baby?).
She wants to trust her because of that one-time kindness and because Leslie's touched by her sad story, and she wants to be able to help this other poor victim like she herself has been helped. Those strong emotions might also be the reason for why she acts a bit more like she feels her adoptive family would, in an attempt to "protect" her "new friend".

But yea, where are the other five guards that were already available? And why even ask Leslie if she wants to go without the twenty extras. A bodyguards job is to say "we're waiting here a while for the rest of the guards to catch up", and then only let Leslie go with reduced guard if she actively pulls rank. (Just as they shouldn't leave the room unless they have checked the house, so I hope there's no assassin hiding in the kitchen or something equally weak.)

Double-page supporter
I don't like her attitude to the knights, she's getting too full of herself. Part of growing up I guess.

Aggregator gang
@vangoz I wouldn't call it getting full of herself. It's more like she trusts both Amroa and her guards and feels wronged that her guards wouldn't trust Amroa as much as she does. Childish would be a better way to put it, which is fair since she is still a child. She'll learn from it, it's part of growing up after all.

Double-page supporter

I want the Sperados to cease. Of course, cease what they're doing to Leslie, but also to cease. living.

Why did Leslie do that 😩😩😩. She could've asked them nicely/cutely/persistently like she usually does without raising her voice. Wasn't she supposed to be a little bit more closer with the knights since she trains with them and they adore her??🥺
Besides, they were obviously just doing their jobs! It's soo not like her to be like that. It's not called being a child, it's called being out of character! Especially since she is aware that the Sperado's are still out to get her.
I'm just cringing on how she basically yelled at the knights. It just shows how out of character this is of her. That's the only thing I just can't believe happened in the story. It's soo hard to accept that kind of glitch. 😩😩

But anyways, thaaanks for the updaaate!!! I'm sooo glad I put off reading for awhile. Love lots!! 😍😘😘

Users who are viewing this thread