The Monster Duchess and Contract Princess - Ch. 55

@Akera93
but why would she assume the worst? People tend to categorize people - Amroa was nice, helped her = trustworthy. Sperados are hateful abusive bastards = not trustworthy.
She never saw anything to make her question that impression. And the smaller things she may not have wanted to see, because Amroa is a hero to her, and aren't the excuses believable?

Dex-chan lover
@4sarah1212: She's definitely being forced into helping the Sperados, but also trying her best to foil their plan in her own way.

She warned Leslie to DEFINITELY bring guards, yet it was Leslie who send them away.
She told the maid (and hopefully Leslie) how to untie the knot in the bracelet, since she likely fooled the Sperado on how hard it is to take it off.

Aggregator gang
This poor woman. I hope she doesn't get punished too hard after Paladin Boy swoops in and saves Leslie from dipshit mcfuck-family, she's clearly being forced into this.

Double-page supporter
Leslie should be more cautious since the Sperados' heads haven't been "popped off" yet. The maid is trying really hard to foil their plans in her own way it seems. Hopefully it all ends in one chapter (the kidnapping and rescuing I mean)

@Anime2001 omg what?! That's so sad...
especially since Amroa is such a good person. Ugh those damn Sperados

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

what she did was stupid, but she's still just a child.
and thank-you for the chapter <3

Fed-Kun's army
@Vofuro

This is my opinion so you might think differently but here's what I think: If you get stabbed in the back and get nearly killed by your own blood-related family then you should assume that strangers who just showed you a tiny glimpse of sympathy a long time ago can and probably have changed and maybe they were never good to begin with. In my opinion, it's one of those epiphany kind of moments that you have when life has shown you its ugly side for a long time.
Again, everyone is different but how I see it: If you've been betrayed and mad use of 99% of your life, in the future, always assume the worst until proven otherwise because that's the safest thing to do from your own experience

@EnaLikesThis true, I got a little shocked when she screamed at them and said "how dare you"
I was like...what.🤨 where's the smart little one we knew??

sometimes the authors go too far when they make a child an intelligent one...but it is true that there are children who are intelligent whether in studying or in life...as long as they have the proper parents for it, then they can be very smart.
I think why you wouldn't normally see "smart" children is because I think a lot of parents don't tend to tell their children to be cautious around certain people that may harm them mentally or physically, a lot of the times "those people" don't target the children, rather, they target the parents, it could be as simple as just making rumors about them. another thing is telling them to be secretive and not telling other people about the family's private life, I think people who appreciate privacy are more likely to do that.

whether the parents encourage the child to learn more, the child can get into those things by themselves, and because they have "life-intelligence" (because the parents told them to be cautious, secretive, telling them not everyone is nice, telling them you might get harmed, telling them you should fight...etc), they would probably know that learning is important, and they wouldn't always have problems with telling who is dangerous and who's not, who's truthful and who's lying, who you should trust and who you shouldn't (especially if they've been in similar situations)....and yea things like that in a general way.

a lot of the times parents who tell their children like this aren't being targeted by a murderer or something, it's just a lot of the people they know aren't nice and would love to see you fall.

this is based on the knowledge I gained from real stories told by other people and things I've read and also real life situations....but anyways the people who become mature and smart from a young age get this intelligence and maturity form very different situations and very different perspectives... in general I believe it depends on everything around you, what you see, hear, read, eat, decide on, who you listen to and let's not forget the people around you and your situation of living.

personally I think Leslie is intelligent but she's not emotionally stable, which is to be expected, but possibly because of what's going to happen, she will have a better grip on her emotions in the future. hopefully.

@Akera93
oh, I agree with your opinion. If you get that badly abused, you will be super sceptical of any stranger. She essentially latched onto her new family only after they protected her and proved multiple times to her that they are the good guys.
But, and that's the thing: Amroa is NOT a stranger. Leslie obviously sees her as a hero, sees her as a friend who can do no wrong. And yes. I don't understand why. I don't get how Amroa's admittedly small kindness was so important to the girl. Personally, I'd be a bit more reserved, checking out whether she would still be the same person and I certainly wouldn't send out my protection. Leslie's hero worshipness is preventing that.

I think the problem is that the simple act of giving her good bread doesn't quite justify the amount of worshipness Amroa gets. If she had stood up for Leslie or had actively protected her against being hit, Leslie's trust in her would make much more sense. I think author wanted to show how little it took for Leslie to remember anyone fondly of that household, but it backfired a little... just my two cents, really.

Dex-chan lover
Leslie I get this lady was nice to you once but you are going out of your way to be nice to her and fall into a basic ass trap.

good use of technic here to make the reader dislike that madame. my guess is also she does help because one of two things happended. First her babay was abducted. Which makes sense because the reader would have at least a little bit of sympathy. Or the cliche route of her having debt and she gets money for her actions. Maybe both. which would be neutral. hopefully i´m wrong and nothing is happening

Fed-Kun's army
Leslie, i love you..

But hushing the guards like that is not very nice... They have feelings too, you know.. and now they are the one who sad because of you... ;-;

Dex-chan lover
@MeiraEve yeah, the knights should have suspected something with her baby not being there and her being a prior employee. just because she said she doesn't like the marquess doesn't mean she can't be forced to obey him since she is a commoner and he is a noble even if he has fallen from favor

Users who are viewing this thread