The Monster Duchess and Contract Princess - Ch. 79

@someunregpunk I guess that's as good a explanation as any. I'm just surprised, because Eli was going to be arabella originally and she was the prince's fiancee. That's a pretty high-ranking person to just disappear; moreover, judging by how being chosen as arabella is a status symbol, I would've figured there would've previously been imperial family fiancees, even princes/princesses (I think they mentioned before that bc the imperial family has no princesses this generation so Eli was first in line for arabella) that would've just disappeared, right?

The Duchess found this out through the empress dowager tho, not through rumors/families who had children chosen as arabella. Which implies that only the empress dowager currently the only person alive that is aware of this practice.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for all the chapters!

Leslie is all grown up but at least she is still portable.

Lol these guys are hilarious

Thanks for the mass release!

I'm getting the feeling that the arabella absorbs some massive plague curse or something - but I can't figure out how such a horrible thing is regarded as a holy position, but nobody knows the outcome. Surely they would notice this extremely famous person suddenly dying or being in dire straights after that point?

Very very strange set of events. I don't really get how it could be such a high position while also nobody knows about the horrible result.

@iskaeil I don't think the arabella *always* dies after completing her task; I took it as being more that the previous arabella (or someone similar) was loyal to the queen dowager and weakened the seal instead of strengthening it, so now the next arabella will die when she tries to seal the plague.

Fed-Kun's army
Me: *Reigning 23 year miserable V-Day champion* Not a Scans Scans Group: "I'm 'bout to end this man's whole career."

Hahahaha that mass update started from a dreadful scene to something with good vibes. I wish this kind of happy atmosphere will last a bit longer.

Thank you for the chapters!

glad you guys didnt give up on this...love the series and yes while this "season" is slower moving there is a more subtle texture to the plotting now...author and translators keep up the good work

Users who are viewing this thread