The Monster Duchess and Contract Princess

Read it. Dropped it. Read it again. Re-dropped it.

This is a tale of a good pure heroine surviving hell long enough for her family to get their comeuppance. The beginning is okay enough to hook you in.

════ ⋆★⋆ ════ ⋆★⋆ ════ ⋆★⋆ ════
⋆★⋆ I don't recommend this series. ⋆★⋆
════ ⋆★⋆ ════ ⋆★⋆ ════ ⋆★⋆ ════

Revenge tales need strong characters to keep the energy up. This series does not have well developed characters. It wants for complexity. Something other than a misery parade visited on the protagonist so the plot isn't all potato. The protagonist is tempered in a terrible fire but doesn't gain more likablity to the audience. On the other side, the antagonist family is more like goldfish poop stuck to the butt of the heroine rather than a threat.

I can't even enjoy this as a mindless easy read.

Dex-chan lover
@plumbob First, I never see this series as a revenge tale, because it isnt.
Second, I never see a little girl as strong as she is except maybe Nina Tucker from FMA
Third, well her family is indeed stupid but I think fighting stupid person is far more dangerous than fighting smart person, because its harder to predict what stupid person will do next, and this manhwa truly proof it.

First season was amazing, beautiful, but right now the story is going nowhere, seems a bit boring and tiring, I hope it would get better

Excellent contemporary shoujo; lots of feels, cute sparkly moments and splashes of darkness. I would rate it very high if the art was better. Unfortunately there's quite a lot of less-than-stellar 3d assets and props with flat textures as well as some frames looking downright cheap. The story is great so far, but it's a slow rather old-school shoujo burn and it could go either way from here (chapter 68 at the time of writing). Given that old-school feel to the story, it could well become downright nasty and vicious -- or it could go straight into deep romance territory. Not sure what I would prefer, other than something surprising!

How this got over a 9 average rating is beyond me, the whole story and flow is a mess, the characters are way beyond exaggeration and the art style is nothing to phone home about either.

I'm loving this story, definitely a nice break from most other manhwas with similar genres.
Thank you to the scan team for delivering us such a clean English version too, it's greatly appreciated!!!

I reread this every once and a while and always get so excited for the next chapter 🥺

I was going to drop this because the protags family are such basic, one dimensional bad guys, but I ended up reading some more. It's fanservice in that it just gives the reader what they want. I guess the Duchess' family characters are entertaining enough to redeem the story. The writing isn't great and neither are the character, but it does a good job of making you care about Leslie, which is why I'm still reading I guess.

Dex-chan lover
Great series! Worth the 9/10 score. My biggest complain is that there’s never enough hugs. Our girl needs more hugs, dammit!

A tragic but wholesome story that’ll increase your risk of diabetes

ummmmm duchess salvatore is hot as fuck in the novel cover.
we love the duchess no matter what but they did not do her enough justice in the current art style. instead of a baddie, she's just bad ass. idk if y'all know what I mean by that, but there's a difference.

Users who are viewing this thread