The Monstrous Duke's Adopted Daughter - Ch. 2

Is it just me or am I the only one that thought of You’re a Useless child by Kikuo? It’s kinda fitting for the one panel lol.

Double-page supporter
@Mck26 - Oh dear God, how badly he misspoke; he forgot to exclude the Virgin Mary in that statement! And who can forget, "Honor thy father and thy byproduct of a forebearer...."

"Byproduct" my Presbyterian, feminine butt...

Thank you. That same preacher said "Let the man of God to come in on to you". IE, sex with Godly men are you females are good for. My family left that church and never looked back.

I'm re-reading and besides being appalled, once again, by the level of physical and mental abuse she went through, I'm also confused. Why is she only realizing now that she was meant as a sacrifice? They literally tried to burn her alive, telling her it was for her sister. What did she THINK was happening then?

Surprised they didn't just drag her unconscious body back up and toss her in the firepit again.

I'm sorry. Why did they care so much for Eli and not their other child? She sounds absolutely useless. What if they had not gotten another kid with white hair to sacrifice? What if they had given birth to a blonde hair green eyed girl like Eli? The only explanation sounds like there was some kind of surrogacy involved...or just flat out adoption. For people that clearly don't care about the children they gave birth to, it's strange that Eli was so favoured and given another child to sacrifice.

Double-page supporter
From how there's so many children's souls in the fire pit, I don't think the Sperado family stopped giving birth to black magic users. They simply killed them off for some reason.

Edit: Got it, at least for this current family. They wanted the power for the elder sister alone. Girl now suck away your evil sister's powers & RUN outta there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:/ id expect more... multi-dimensional characters for the MC's family for a series rated so high.

They're all completely unempathetic, and hardly human. Like caricatures out of a bad manga

uh but ... why else did you think they threw you into the fire? Just for fun? Wouldn't that be even worse? I don't see how this revelation could be a worse betrayal

Users who are viewing this thread