The Monstrous Duke's Adopted Daughter - Ch. 43

Dex-chan lover
@Yatsuki
Not surprising, esp. when you consider his mother is the scheming Empress Dowager. The current emperor's actual son is a much nicer kid.

Around where are we compared to the novel? It sorta feels like were nearing the end

bitch....oof everyone is wishing for your death. NO SALVATION FOR THOSE WHO MESS WITH THE SALVATORES!!!

Dex-chan lover
And now you'll be put on trial for murder instead. Good job, little girl.

Bitch. Your family has LITERALLY tried that twice and failed twice, both times leading to where you are now, wtf do you think is gonna be different this time around

Dex-chan lover
Obviously this is horrible (and repetitive) but I can't help but notice how it's all coming from a place of abject fear. She so absolutely certain that Leslie is going to treat her as badly as she was treated that she's not even considering the option of just fucking off. It's coming from a place of 'If I don't get them first, they'll get me!' I don't think she can really be redeemed, but at the same time I don't really fault her for that fact. She was raised in to what she became, and she's never known anything else. Like, she just got dealt a shit hand in regards to parents, so there's no real helping her in a setting like this.

I want the next chapter to start:
Sperado dad: "What? I'm drunk AF and even I know that's dumb."
*goes back to drinking*
*Cut to happy times with Duchess family*

Dex-chan lover
Based on the authors writing style, I doubt it's going to happen, but I'm still in the "hope Eli gets a redemption arc," camp.

Even though she's done horrible things, she's still just a child. A child with no good role models. A child whose only support came from horrible people. A child that's now alone, backed into a corner, without any way to deal with her situation other than the horrible methods she grew up learning.

Users who are viewing this thread