The Moon on a Rainy Night - Vol. 4 Ch. 16

She better be dead or dying, annoyed my ass for a whole chapter focusing on drama I don't want to read just to not even pay off the specific drama and postpone it making it the overarching plot of the story now as I just wait for this shit to come back up.

Dex-chan lover
volume 3 just released on the official, does anyone know what chapter that gets to? bc like, might have 2 consider just waiting for that

Dex-chan lover
That would be my guess. Yes there is an official EN TL. Vol 3 just came out a few days ago...
Even though its a fair bit behind? 14 chapters behind (even more when the translators stopped) the raws doesn't seem like enough for them to drop it

Dex-chan lover
Even though its a fair bit behind? 14 chapters behind (even more when the translators stopped) the raws doesn't seem like enough for them to drop it
It’s sucks being behind but if the series is getting an official release the fan translators talents would be better spent on other series that don’t have fan or official translations

Dex-chan lover
It’s sucks being behind but if the series is getting an official release the fan translators talents would be better spent on other series that don’t have fan or official translations
Yeah I just find it odd since the previous translator stopped many months before the first english volume release, then just the one random translation around half a month after that first volume drop. Hopefully then the official releases come out quickly and get uploaded somewhere if no one's picking it up.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah I just find it odd since the previous translator stopped many months before the first english volume release, then just the one random translation around half a month after that first volume drop. Hopefully then the official releases come out quickly and get uploaded somewhere if no one's picking it up.
you ever consider just supporting the offical releases yourself?

Fuck waiting for en official release. I have time to learn JP to be able read raw before the new en volume is released with still 10 chapters behind it.

Resident Yuripig
Contributor
Fuck waiting for en official release. I have time to learn JP to be able read raw before the new en volume is released with still 10 chapters behind it.
Do it. That's what I ended up doing about 15 years ago when translations were much harder to come by....

Fed-Kun's army
Thanks for chapter!

TN note on PG.13: Probably regarding “Canon” style in classical music?

Kanon’s name is homophone to “Canon”, a style of composition used in classical music. The biggest example (and the one the chapter is probably referring to) is Canon in D by Johann Pachelbel. If this rings a bell, you’ve probably heard “Canon Rock” by JerryC, a modern guitar arragenment for this piece.

This reference goes in line with the rest of the series, as Grandes études de Paganini, S. 141. “La campanella” has been referenced (Romantic era) and Suite bergamasque II. “Clair de lune” as well (Impressionist era)

but... they aren't homophones...

the sound of 'a' is not as in 'apple' , but the 'u' in understand.
the 'a' in romanised is like in 'ah', while the 'e' is like in 'elephant'. it's really simple, so i get extra annoyed when people don't get it right. 'i' is as in 'it', 'o' in 'octopus' and 'u' as in 'flute'.

if you really want to be 'deep' just look at her actual name, 奏音(かのん/ka-no-n)
https://jisho.org/search/奏音

i get really annoyed when people only look at things through their own lenses. the author, intended audience and characters are all japanese. we're just pirates in a foreign land, being full of ourselves.
HELLO EVERYONE. Specially Sjsgbduuxjnd, hope you're having a lovely day.

Volume 4 got release officially by Kodansha some weeks ago. Had to delay my physical reading due to reasons but ALAS, HERE WE ARE. Had to necro this thread because of this silly-billy interaction.

Here are some pics of the OFFICIAL. TRANSLATION!

Here's the cover:
IMG-6083.jpg

Here's page 127:
IMG-6082.jpg

Here's the translation notes:
IMG-6081.jpg

Also, canon is supposed to be a greek word. Also, forgot my pic:

450_1000.jpeg

Fed-Kun's army
HELLO EVERYONE. Specially Sjsgbduuxjnd, hope you're having a lovely day.

Volume 4 got release officially by Kodansha some weeks ago. Had to delay my physical reading due to reasons but ALAS, HERE WE ARE. Had to necro this thread because of this silly-billy interaction.

Here are some pics of the OFFICIAL. TRANSLATION!

Here's the cover:
IMG-6083.jpg

Here's page 127:
IMG-6082.jpg

Here's the translation notes:
IMG-6081.jpg

Also, canon is supposed to be a greek word. Also, forgot my pic:

450_1000.jpeg
showing this doesn't say anything though...
maybe if you showed the  original it would shed some light.
my original problem was regarding the English pronunciation of "canon" and Kanon's name. "canon" is probably pronounced the same as "Kanon" in Japanese. In fact a quick search in Jisho confirmed that.
actually the fan translator's note in the chapter also implies says that.
I'll admit that I may have gotten too heated up.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread