The Most Heretical Last Boss Queen Who Will Become the Source of Tragedy Will Devote Herself for the Sake of the People. ~To the Savior~ - Ch. 3

Dex-chan lover
Swear to God, these guys are dumber than Coen Brothers villains. How dumb to you have to be to look into a locked compartment with someone who is untied inside of it and demand "who untied you?"

Dex-chan lover
My nitpicking brain can't get over the fact that their brilliant plan is to send in royalty as the ones to sneak inside a hostile environment. You'd think a kingdom would have people in charge of espionage for like this.
Ironically, the princess' group is probably the most suited for the task. The princess is overqualified, they have a healer, and a teleporter. They are also actual children. Iirc, Gilbert's ability wasn't something he reveals to anyone - maybe the alternative that wouldn't compromise him would have been to use actual child spies? That wouldn't make them any better than the child traffickers if they had those.

Dex-chan lover
their brilliant plan is to send in royalty
I suppose we could pretend this is a case of royalty showing their worth and noblesse oblige by protecting the people or something. Royalty used to fight on the battlefield with the common man as a sign of solidarity (until the likelihood of actually dying rose too high that is). Also, we don't normally complain when it's a prince leading a team to fight bandits or whatever?

That said, yeah, it's still dumb. Prince or Princess, it's unrealistic.

Dex-chan lover
Ironically, the princess' group is probably the most suited for the task. The princess is overqualified, they have a healer, and a teleporter. They are also actual children. Iirc, Gilbert's ability wasn't something he reveals to anyone - maybe the alternative that wouldn't compromise him would have been to use actual child spies? That wouldn't make them any better than the child traffickers if they had those.

You said what I wanted to say too. Basically their abilities are far too op to bring someone else. They are royalty and important people but they are the best of best at their specialty and with that comp no way to lose.

What is dumb isn't them going as bait but the bandits not recognizing the prince and princess even when they look younger.

Dex-chan lover
My nitpicking brain can't get over the fact that their brilliant plan is to send in royalty as the ones to sneak inside a hostile environment. You'd think a kingdom would have people in charge of espionage for stuff like this.
If I were to write the story my out would be the princess stating her precognition power (which has been more than demonstrated by this point) showed that this mission involves doing it this way and it's a success and nobody will come to harm.
Thus completely negating the conventional notion of not sending in important people for dangerous mission where you have no idea what might happen.

Not going into "no free will if future is determined" weeds but I'll just assume for now if she sees a mission where if she go she'll get hurt then obviously she'd opt not to go, so as long as the henchmen can at least give her that much credit there ought to be no valid objection to an oracle.

Dex-chan lover
i know they are highly skilled and have op powers, but still... the first princess, her personal aide-de-camp and the prime minister going under cover to take down a slave trafficing organisation is kinda... weird, if anything at all was to happen to them it would have a sevearly negative effect the country.

Dex-chan lover
What is dumb isn't them going as bait but the bandits not recognizing the prince and princess even when they look younger.
Do you think some trafficker would expect to see people that high end dealing with them? Even without the age magic, which they don't know is around at all, that's still not what one would reasonably expect.

Dex-chan lover
So we get confirmation Teleporter could have free'd the knight dad..... this is insane levels of bad writing and it's like the author wants to keep upping themself.

Users who are viewing this thread