The Most Heretical Last Boss Queen Who Will Become the Source of Tragedy Will Devote Herself for the Sake of the People - Vol. 1 Ch. 5

Dang it mom. I understand your concerns but is no good your way of doing things. At least you recognise your failures.
Plus the gap moe after dad flirts, cute!

... I’m surprised at how furious I am with the mom. She totally abandoned her. She didn’t even try to change the future. If she didn’t abandon her the original Pryde might not have been so bad.

Aggregator gang
I wonder how the precognition is supposed to work. It's never explained clearly. Can they change what they see, or is it somehow set in stone? And what happens when two people have precognition, do their visions conflict, or do they both see the same? Can they change each others' visions? I'm taking Pryde's reincarnation as a separate case, but there should be a long history of these queens having this power, so the royal family should have a good idea of the mechanics of this power. The queen got her powers at 16, so both her and her mother (the previous queen) would have both had the power at the same time, for example.

The queen says her power is somewhat unreliable, but we never see her actively fight fate. She sees her daughter would be a terrible queen, and prepares for that (by being kind to the little sister) instead of trying to fix whatever was wrong. But she must have started having these visions when Pryde had just been born (maybe even before then, and that's why she named her after the worst cardinal sin, Pride?). So did her visions get worse over time, or better, or remain the same? Imagine if she sees something bad about Pryde, and instead of taking it as a warning of "make sure you raise her right and nip this in the bud", she takes it as meaning she should not let her become queen. Leading her to neglect her and the futures she sees becoming increasingly warped because of it. But if she'd taken a different approach, she might have seen better futures as she was more mindful of Pryde?

It's hard to tell how smart or wrong the queen was if we don't know how the power works. I mean, some futures might not be changable. A natural disaster, a drought, for example, is not something you can change or avoid, but you can prepare for when it happens. But at the same time, she clearly says that she didn't intend to let Pryde become queen. So she is acting as if she can change fate. Only instead of trying to make Pryde become a better person, she decided to give up on her and limit the damage she could do. So she was either doing something pointless, or directly acting to cause the fate she didn't want.

But this makes no sense either, because if she was thinking she wouldn't let Pryde become queen, and she still saw that Pryde was queen in her visions, she should have known her actions failed, and tried something different.

Also, this is probably the worst scenario for her. She neglected her daughter thinking she would become a terrible queen, and the evidence would seem to indicate that Pryde awakened to her powers, saw the same fate her mother saw, and decided to change it, leading to her mother not being able to see her fate anymore. Which means she could have changed that fate, but she did the wrong things. So not only was she a horrible mother, she failed to achieve the goals that her horribleness was intended to accomplish, and the daughter she was horrible towards fixed the problem alone without her help. So as she said, she fails as a mother and a queen.

Dex-chan lover
Everyone bashing the queen, but she had precognition, meaning whatever you do it's there to be destined because otherwise you wouldn't know what happened.
This might be a fantasy world, but idea of changing the future while knowing it just isn't logically possible, it's a paradox.

She lost sight of her precognition when she got "possessed" by isekaied mc, meaning the set future can be finally be changed, it's completely different reality.

Dex-chan lover
Everyone bashing the queen, but she had precognition, meaning whatever you do it's there to be destined because otherwise you wouldn't know what happened.
This might be a fantasy world, but idea of changing the future while knowing it just isn't logically possible, it's a paradox.

She lost sight of her precognition when she got "possessed" by isekaied mc, meaning the set future can be finally be changed, it's completely different reality.
But it is pretty clear that the mother is the cause of pryde acting that way, if the future is truly unavoidable even more so she shouldnt have treated her daughter like that. Cause if the outcome is the same either way, at the very least you can be a decent parent. She is just a coward who abandoned her child cause she couldnt face her

Dex-chan lover
But it is pretty clear that the mother is the cause of pryde acting that way, if the future is truly unavoidable even more so she shouldnt have treated her daughter like that. Cause if the outcome is the same either way, at the very least you can be a decent parent. She is just a coward who abandoned her child cause she couldnt face her
She ain't a cause if there's no option to change anything, whatever action she could undertake, Pryde would be the same.

Her caring for her would make her a monster, her giving up and sheltering her other daughter would make her a monster.

She could kill her, which would make her without any love for her, but even though her actions would cause harm she didn't done so.

Until isekai "kicked in", Pryde future was sealed.

Dex-chan lover
She is just a coward who abandoned her child cause she couldnt face her
She could kill her, which would make her without any love for her, but even though her actions would cause harm she didn't done so.
Queen Rosa is precisely a coward because she didn't have Pryde killed. It could have been because of Albert, as he did keep company to Pryde all the time when Rosa was avoiding her. Since Rosa loves Albert for real, it might have been emotionally impossible for her to order Pryde to be put to death when Albert still kept believing in Pryde. Still, since she is a ruling queen, she should have done it. Perhaps she was meaning to do it, but continued to postpone it. If you are an absolute monarch, such things can be unavoidable, though.

Dex-chan lover
ah yes so you only see her value now that she's exceeded your expectations after completely neglecting her for her entire life. In other words now that she seems effing useful. Don't you see that's messed up to value someone only when they show a talent instead of raising them properly with love and discipline? And blatantly admitting you have zero attachment to her as a mother, as well as splitting her fathers time between two households.

Yes you are a failure of a mother and of a queen. Its a self fulfilling prophecy to see a terrible future and in turn neglect a child bc of that future. And it's... Embarrassing to try to treat your child like your child? Fuck off. I hope she never trusts you. You don't deserve it.

Go yeet yourself into a goddamn volcano. I'm so mad. The way the dad doesnt even chastise her for her obvious parental neglect is also messed up. If this were real life, as soon as the kid is grown up she'd most likely never trust her parents again and possibly cut contact.

I mean this is also a "good" version of the golden child vs scapegoat dynamic we see in real life. Pryde wasn't a scapegoat but she was predicted to be a terrible child from birth and then abandoned. Apparently dear Queenie and her husband don't realise the effect that would have in how a kid grows up. Gosh. Aaaaa.

I reeeeeally hate her mother.

Like... Goddamn. I normally get really angry over bad parents but the sheer level of stupidity from a supposedly good person is just mind blowing. And I know I'm being harsh and I dont care.
As someone who was the scapegoat to my NPD Golden Child sister and has an NPD mother, i completely agree with your anger about this mother. I have cut contact with my entire family in my adult life because of shit like this.

I come here to rent for her being such a horrible mother guess i dont need too.. There over 300+ comment writing the same thing lol

Dex-chan lover
I'm adding to the chorus, how can you whom knows the future instead of treat your daughter with love and raise her right. Abandon her and then be suprised the abused/neglected girl grows up to be a unloving tyrant.

What a terrible mother and queen. You really don't deserve a redemption arc here as your only trying to be better cause "InTeReStInG" FMC.

Group Leader
You know, sometime I think Pryde precognition is a real one and not spme "game memories", it just that Pryde thought it was a game/past life memories

Well, it doesn't explain her knowledge about game tho

She's not only a failure, but a walking trash. You realized that you neglected your daughter for damn 6 years, yet what did you said?! Embarassed?! Just die!

Users who are viewing this thread