The Most Notorious "Talker" Runs the World's Greatest Clan - Ch. 46 - One Is Quick, Pulling Away From The Others

Fed-Kun's army
It didn't even need some huge budget and super smooth animation, it just needed direction that was willing to do something crazy and embrace the weird style of the angles and shots and proportions that make it more intense. There are plenty of studios willing to be experimental and have directors who can embrace a more unique style, so not sure why this looks so incredibly generic.
Well, I agree. In the first place, I mentioned Shaft because they have a pretty distinct style for dialogue-based series like Monogatari. However, to be fair to the studio currently handling the adaptation of this series, since they have a track record for handling Mushoku Tensei, I think they deserves the benefit of the doubt...

At least a little bit since we all know from the trailer that it seems to be formulaic with more focus on the action than the talking, which is regretable.
Yamashita Daiki as Noel is a wild choice; I don't think I've ever heard him do an edgelord role before so that should be fun.
Yeah, it's wild. Hearing Noel talk from the trailer sounds different from what I often imagined his voice to be. It should be more... hmm... androgynous? Idk.

:nyoron:

Dex-chan lover
Man, I am losing track of alot of things.
Also, I am getting paranoid with how everything the talker says falls in the right spot like it is some contraption in kids shows.
When do things go wrong and not his way?
Or is the Novel always have him this lucky or perfect?
Combination of intelligence, luck and skill enough to not let his luck go to waste.
He's had some bad luck like he didn't plan for the betrayal in the beginning, he didn't plan for his biggest fan and supporter to end up hating his guts, and he certainly didn't plan for Alma to become an obsessive yandere.

Well, I agree. In the first place, I mentioned Shaft because they have a pretty distinct style for dialogue-based series like Monogatari. However, to be fair to the studio currently handling the adaptation of this series, since they have a track record for handling Mushoku Tensei, I think they deserves the benefit of the doubt...

At least a little bit since we all know from the trailer that it seems to be formulaic with more focus on the action than the talking, which is regretable.

Yeah, it's wild. Hearing Noel talk from the trailer sounds different from what I often imagined his voice to be. It should be more... hmm... androgynous? Idk.

:nyoron:
I haven't seen the trailer yet, but in my mind they should use that one voice actress who plays a lot of teenage guys. Megumi Okata.

Double-page supporter
Also, I am getting paranoid with how everything the talker says falls in the right spot like it is some contraption in kids shows.
His class advancement tactician made him have a class passive that can semi-predict the future and have better RAM speed in his thinking, him being very smart already makes semi-predict the future very OP. I can only assume that his further class advancements can only lead to semi-predict the future to accurately predict the future, maybe his final class advancement is a prophet or something

Dex-chan lover
He's had some bad luck like he didn't plan for the betrayal in the beginning, he didn't plan for his biggest fan and supporter to end up hating his guts, and he certainly didn't plan for Alma to become an obsessive yandere.
You sure about that? As maybe it is the Manga fault. But he sure as hell was very much planning on almost everything you said from the get go. From him intentionally prying on the other team that got disbarred due to the bet. To him blackmailing and "playing dirty" to demonstrate that leading a party is far more important than just raw strength.

His class advancement tactician made him have a class passive that can semi-predict the future and have better RAM speed in his thinking, him being very smart already makes semi-predict the future very OP.
Fair enough, but I think the story really needs to have times when things don't go his way for real. Not a fakeout like that recent hunt. It might be cool first few times he puts his life under his teams hands. Be it the samurai arc if you recall back when. Or the recent huns when he times everything so that while he is in danger and a stone throw away from death his plan executed masterfully and he and his team bested monsters that are otherwise far stronger than them.

While I get that his job is very rare so it is unlikely that we will encounter any other high level talker especially when the guild was treating him as a test subject since he was the first ever talker to rank up.

Having someone who can truly defeat the talker either in their game or despite his best efforts, would come a long way from what seems to be a pattern of aperant disadvantage only for it to be part of his plan all along.

But would be happy to be proven wrong in any way. Be it the story does not go stale with the repeated pattern. Or that things do go stray and he can't just predict how thing will fall correctly every time.

Dex-chan lover
You sure about that? As maybe it is the Manga fault. But he sure as hell was very much planning on almost everything you said from the get go. From him intentionally prying on the other team that got disbarred due to the bet. To him blackmailing and "playing dirty" to demonstrate that leading a party is far more important than just raw strength.

Fair enough, but I think the story really needs to have times when things don't go his way for real. Not a fakeout like that recent hunt. It might be cool first few times he puts his life under his teams hands. Be it the samurai arc if you recall back when. Or the recent huns when he times everything so that while he is in danger and a stone throw away from death his plan executed masterfully and he and his team bested monsters that are otherwise far stronger than them.

While I get that his job is very rare so it is unlikely that we will encounter any other high level talker especially when the guild was treating him as a test subject since he was the first ever talker to rank up.

Having someone who can truly defeat the talker either in their game or despite his best efforts, would come a long way from what seems to be a pattern of aperant disadvantage only for it to be part of his plan all along.

But would be happy to be proven wrong in any way. Be it the story does not go stale with the repeated pattern. Or that things do go stray and he can't just predict how thing will fall correctly every time.
Nope. I'm maybe around 50% sure. Noel is really good at turning situations in his favor, so I think he didn't plan for it to happen but did plan if it did happen. Like with Koga (is that how is name spelled). He didn't plan for him but he almost instantly made a plan to get him after they met. Could be just over thinking and he really did plan his own team's downfall.

Dex-chan lover
It didn't even need some huge budget and super smooth animation, it just needed direction that was willing to do something crazy and embrace the weird style of the angles and shots and proportions that make it more intense. There are plenty of studios willing to be experimental and have directors who can embrace a more unique style, so not sure why this looks so incredibly generic.
The generic styles work better for outsource-heavy animation pipelines where the core staff does the storyboarding and reference sheets and cheaper overseas workers do the key animation/in-betweens/coloring/fx/3D/etc.

My guess is that moving key animation overseas caused logistical and quality control issues (and therefore cost issues) with anything that may pull outsourced artists off the spec sheets, so budget productions all look uniformly boring in framing and style choices even when they try to differentiate themselves in other ways.

Dex-chan lover
The generic styles work better for outsource-heavy animation pipelines where the core staff does the storyboarding and reference sheets and cheaper overseas workers do the key animation/in-betweens/coloring/fx/3D/etc.

My guess is that moving key animation overseas caused logistical and quality control issues (and therefore cost issues) with anything that may pull outsourced artists off the spec sheets, so budget productions all look uniformly boring in framing and style choices even when they try to differentiate themselves in other ways.
Absolutely what I assume as well is the cause. It's easier to just throw a bunch of entry level super cheap bulk production animators at a show for cheap and have them use the techniques and styles they are used to cranking out. It takes more time to teach them new techniques to fit a different style, so even if they don't use a lot of frames, it can still take longer because they can't produce them as quickly when using a style they are less familiar with. So instead they take something that has a unique style and end up making in generic in order to get it produced, but in the process kill a lot of the appeal of it, then turn around and wonder why it was a flop. Then use that it was a flop to choose not to invest properly in the next adaptation that has a unique style, and rinse and repeat.

I can imagine that Gachiakuta will get a similarly lame treatment if it ever gets adapted too, which will be perhaps even more of a tragedy.

I love this shot
a6ZnmdZ.jpeg

Dex-chan lover
Damn, Noel took out 3 rivals with 1 conversation.

Probably gonna eat them all up as future clan members.

Aggregator gang
An anime huh...I don't know how to feel from that trailer. Feels like one of those manga series whose artstyle is so unique that a lot of the charm is lost when it's adapted into a rather generic looking anime. Hope it'll be alright so the manga gets more popular at least, but I won't keep my hopes up.

Dex-chan lover
It literally happened with the Blue Beyond. He managed to get great members, but not only he never get the leader position, everything else went wrong and he need to start all over again.

Dex-chan lover
It literally happened with the Blue Beyond. He managed to get great members, but not only he never get the leader position, everything else went wrong and he need to start all over again.
That was him playing nice I think. After that he just went full send. Only after blue beyond he start doing things for real starting with slaving the 2 btw that was probably my favourite part of the series really put things in prospective and was very much satisfying to see those fucks get fucked especially funny when the girl was trying to pretend to be a victim or that she was always interested in him, just chiefs kiss!

And that is the part where I wonder if he will ever not get right or not go his way.

Dex-chan lover
Noel VA in anime has to come through with remarkable acting. Anything less than perfect for Noel's character will make anime fall flat. The series is literally about talking your way though to the top.

Dex-chan lover
That was him playing nice I think. After that he just went full send. Only after blue beyond he start doing things for real starting with slaving the 2 btw that was probably my favourite part of the series really put things in prospective and was very much satisfying to see those fucks get fucked especially funny when the girl was trying to pretend to be a victim or that she was always interested in him, just chiefs kiss!

And that is the part where I wonder if he will ever not get right or not go his way.
A little bit background spoiler:
I don't remember about the third guy, but 2 of them were one of the best of his generation. The guy was a top graduate of thr swordsman school, and the girl was a top graduate of the healer school. They do have a potential to grow stronger together. The biggest mistake was letting the guy to be the leader, which ended up pilling small mistakes behind the scene(of which resulted in something we already knew of). He already suspected that something is happening, but he thought it didn't matter as long as they took adventuring seriously. Despite the members were scouted by him, he still had no fame, have the "worst" fighting job and the youngest by at least one year of them, so he couldn't assume the position of the leader.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
A little bit background spoiler:
I don't remember about the third guy, but 2 of them were one of the best of his generation. The guy was a top graduate in Swordsman school, and the girl was a top graduate in the healer school. They do have a potential to grow stronger together. The biggest mistake was letting the guy to be the leader, which ended up pilling small mistakes behind the scene(of which resulted in something we already knew of). He already doubted that something is happening, but he thought it didn't matter as long as they took adventuring seriously. Despite the members were scouted by him, he still had no fame, have the "worst" fighting job and the youngest by at least one year of them, so he couldn't assume the position of the leader.
Didn't know that. I don't I if I just missed that part or the Manga didn't cover it back then.
But I certainly recall the talker was getting impatient and was demanding that they buy an HQ or something along those lines. As he knew that they were supposed to have enough funds for it. Only for them to skip town when he sees that they skimmed too much money.

It was certainly a big moment in that we see the contrast between him and the other guy who quits the whole seeker thing after the whole ordeal was over.

Which is a bit sad that the MC is just going full tilt scheming asshole. But the story justify it. He does learn that the next invasion is happening sooner than anyone anticipated hence his fixation on wanting to create the regalia in a record speed.

Just don't know how the story is going to marry him getting one of the 7 seats to him being able to save or rebel the invasion.

Double-page supporter
His planning is absolutely insane.

He's basically 10 steps ahead of all the other humans but big tits fox chick is gonna cook him pretty badly

Dex-chan lover
His planning is absolutely insane.

He's basically 10 steps ahead of all the other humans but big tits fox chick is gonna cook him pretty badly
For a second there I thought you were talking about a monster they were going to hunt. Like some sort of chrimra but that. Suffice to say I could not be more glad that I just misread you!

Also happy to hear that not everything goes lemon squeezey!

Users who are viewing this thread