The Necromancer Maid - Vol. 1 Ch. 2 - The Necromancer wants to be Hired

"I can't cook meat, therefore I'm a terrible cook."

Ah, yes, because meat is the only kind of food that exists, right? Stuff like eggs, milk, flour, vegetables, etc. is just as inedible to humans as rocks.

And even if those things were actually edible, no dish can be made without meat, can it?

Dex-chan lover
@MoonHermit
If the cook you hire forces you to go vegetarian because they cannot make dishes with meat, then they are a terrible cook.

Double-page supporter
I wonder if this is going to be all the way happy go story, or it will get serious at some point.

Dex-chan lover
@B4ND : To my understanding, it's that you need a balanced combination of the essential amino acids (9 for adults, 11 for babies)

It's possible to get it from non-meat sources, just that meat will cover all 9 without the hassle.

Fed-Kun's army
@MoonHermit well the question is do eggs count? I mean its is an animal(well could have been) so maybe she hears her voices too?

Also iam sure she could be a good. Cook without meat but a maid is supposed to satisfy. Her masters wishes so i gess at some point she is required to process meat too which she couldnt do(even tho this will become funny when. The mc makes sushi^^)

Why do i sometimes seeing a yandere look from that maid?...the look of Gasai Yuno

Dex-chan lover
@MoonHermit she said she hears the voice of the dead so maybe dead veggies also have a voice? remember its a fantasy setting, also stop getting annoyed by such a petty thing dude

@MoonHermit Meat is a staple ingredient in cooking, and anyone living in a pre-industrial setting couldn't survive without it, as our capacity to choose our diet only sprung up because we can transport, produce and source them easier.

You have to realize that most common ingredients (which includes most spices, half of your grain products and the majority of the vegetables) aren't local or were introduced. Though this point could be argued as most authors rarely focus on the source of food and rarely think about its history, it still is correct setting-wise (not being able to cook meat equates to not being a cook).

She could be a good baker (wheat, eggs, some fruits and vegetables since sugar should be a luxury item) but I doubt anyone would be satisfied in just eating a narrow range of baked goods.

Users who are viewing this thread