The New Gate - Ch. 104

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the new chapter!

I predict this boss NPC will remember that one time Shin won against it during the game era.

P.S.
I dropped the anime adap but this manga adaptation really has some well-drawn character designs once in a while.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Would be interesting to run into more bosses that remember Shin from the game era.

Thanks for the new chapter!

I predict this boss NPC will remember that one time Shin won against it during the game era.
I dropped the anime adap but this manga adaptation really has some well-drawn character designs once in a while.
Is the monkey paw strong with the anime adaption?

Dex-chan lover
Would be interesting to run into more bosses that remember Shin from the game era.

Is the monkey paw strong with the anime adaption?
No idea, bro. I dropped it after episode 1. They even skipped the breakdancing skeleton from the first chapters so I felt they will be skipping even more so I simply felt uncompelled to continue. Not sure if a season 2 was announced but from what I regularly see from the weekly previews, it finished at that arc where they defended a town from a stampede together with the princess.

Reactions: le3
Dex-chan lover
Indeed. He doesn't really need to win here, just to offer a good, enjoyable fight. But due to his history with this particular opponent in the game, I'd say he absolutely doesn't want to lose.
To say nothing of what unleashing his full power would do to the landscape. If Shin goes all out, he'll likely destroy that entire mountain.

Dex-chan lover
They sped through the parts they shouldn't have and slowed down in the parts that needed to be skipped. It was basically a 12 episode waste of time.
I still can't believe they looked at it and went "the appeal of this story is that Shin is a Kirito".

I'm guessing, from the fact there's a dozen folk with producer credits alone on MAL for a 13-episode show, it was a cursed production. The anime industry is stretched way to thin.

Edit: I just realized how many of the key staff for The New Gate were also on Whisper Me A Love Song, which aired the same season and had to delay the last few episodes due to production problems.

Last edited:
This was the first interesting chapter in a while.
I love this at the beginning, but it was suffering from isekai lazy writing.

Is it just me, or after a few years reading manga everyday, Japanese settings in fantasy stories gets tiring?

Contributor
shin said that there are two reactions, so it's the npc and the snake, or is it another npc there? or am i catching it wrong?
also, god damnit I NEED MOARRR
the anime is trash already but the manga is so slow, Sadge
It's the snake (Guardian Beast like the wolf contracted with Tieria), and the Level 930+ NPC Samurai (old game RAID-level event NPC).

The cap for the game was 500, and Shin was only able to break that after getting the Limit Breaker buff from beating the final boss and clearing the game.

Dex-chan lover
It's the snake (Guardian Beast like the wolf contracted with Tieria), and the Level 930+ NPC Samurai (old game RAID-level event NPC).

The cap for the game was 500, and Shin was only able to break that after getting the Limit Breaker buff from beating the final boss and clearing the game.
so its the snake, kinda disappointed that the snake is drawn like that and shown a little panel only, i guess thats why i thought it was just a "normal" snake KEK

Dex-chan lover
This was the first interesting chapter in a while.
I love this at the beginning, but it was suffering from isekai lazy writing.

Is it just me, or after a few years reading manga everyday, Japanese settings in fantasy stories gets tiring?
yea, i get that isekai fatigue too seeing that it follow the same old formula of either fantasy (magic&sword) or stuck in the game setting (SAO) but share the same old system/power lvl. right now, they practically recycle the same trope all over again. the only thing changes were the artwork or how well the plot try to stick these things together.

Users who are viewing this thread