The New Gate - Ch. 98

Dex-chan lover
It's been a while and I just caught up, but did I miss something or was the demon plot just kind of half-finished?

Like the whole thing was about them gathering sacrifices for something, MC's group finds the demons + kills them, and that's it. But did the sacrificial ritual finish? Did anything come from it? If it didn't, was there any panel/dialog about them actually saving the random villagers? I feel like we saw them freaking out in their barrier and then they just never got mentioned after the fight actually went down.

Contributor
So Milt stays with the church in Sigurd for a while. I guess that's where she gets put on the bus, and maybe I'll scratch her off the list for Wil's possible love interests. But Hermie is also going back to Sigurd and I assume Wil's going back to where Lacia and Millie are. I liked that Shin got back at Wil playing wingman back then with his own teasing about him and Hermie.

Does Yuzuha grow with her levels? She'd be like the demihumans in Shield Hero, then. Anyway, the loli enjoyers take an L here with Yuzuha having grown into a teen girl after she's become a 6(?) tailed elementail. I presume she'd be a fully grown adult when her fox form has all 9 tails.

Shady character spotted on page 13 behind that furry beastkin. New Japanese-style characters show up, this is the start of a new arc alright. Them giving the stink eye on Shin though.

I was half-joking last time about Tiera possibly being Marino's reincarnation or something, but that is a theory I hope I'd be wrong about (no, don't tell me any LN spoilers because I won't read it). It's going to be a very painful love triangle if such a thing is true. And here I just realized that both Marino and Tiera are vaguely Latin/Spanish-inspired words that could mean "sea" and "land" respectively. I can't believe I didn't notice this connection until now. I feel dumb for not having noticed this soon enough. I do know Schnee is German for "snow", which is why she's uses the Japanese version Yuki when in disguise.

Users who are viewing this thread