The New Gate - Vol. 8 Ch. 48

i almost forgot about this series being here. finally

Dex-chan lover
I followed this manga for a bit, and I even read abit of the novel for a while. Though I gave up on the novel when he met his old friends again, basically what happened last chapter. I just don't like the whole hiding ones own power thing. Just never sits well with me. That and he's got Schnee who obviously loves him but he does nothing about it.

Overall, a pretty lame MC. Neat world and game mechanics / stuff, but I don't think I like the manga / novel enough to keep trying.

Dex-chan lover
@katashu
Pretty much. The big bad now I think is the PK’ers. It’s also like Sword Art Online too with Laughing Coffin.
I don’t think MC is lame, but the fact that he can make legendary equipment with all the buffs means
that there is really no challenge for him (on top of his already high stats). Maybe the monsters will start
scaling, as we’ve seen some signs of it...

Dex-chan lover
@Jeikob
There is a reason he doesn't do anything with Shnee.
And it doesn't stay that way forever.

Dex-chan lover
making toilet sound some like form of drug, will i do admit that jap have one of the best toilet design

It's amazing how less interesting this series got once other players were introduced, and how small of an event it was presented as.

"Oh, here's some players that you thought died in the game, and they've got a kid now."
"Neat."

I'll probably give this a few more chapters, but I'm not expecting much.

Dex-chan lover
Ever think Shin may not realize how 'strong' his own personality is?

Dex-chan lover
Info dump chapter!

It may look like a lot of text, but info is seriously important as to the MC's situation and future prospects. It also highlights something interesting about the MC's past that wasn't very clear before and how much he has grown since.

Maybe this was the case in earlier chapters too and I just didn't notice or forgot, but some of the eyes in this chapter looked really weird, like... too close together or something

@Hollow7F if it is why he does nothing with schnee at the moment
he is still loyal to his girlfriend/wife during the death game who was technical killed by pkers (the reason why he got on a killing spree) and with other dead players coming back she might also.

Double-page supporter
"calling me dangerous back then might be an understatement"

i mean, over 90% of the PKer's name on the list is your victim.... so yeah, Dangerous is understatement...

Dex-chan lover
@Hollow7F
What Niemand said and also
later on he marries Schnee and they have A LOT of lovey-dovey banter, cute interactions and sex.

Users who are viewing this thread