The New Gate - Vol. 8 Ch. 50

@Jiyuu it will be later shown in the flashback arc/volume 10 (we are at the beginning/middle of volume 5).

Double-page supporter
This chapter is so much more emotional with their facial expressions. It was already pretty strong in the novel, but this makes it even better.

Dex-chan lover
He kisses Schnee and immediately starts asking about how mixed race kids work. Nice.

Dex-chan lover
Oh! I get it now.

The timeline is roughly like this:

Game became death game -> PK-ers happen -> Cat died - one month later-> Holly died to pkers -> Shin and Shadow started their roaring rampage of revenge - one month later-> Shadow died -> ??? -> Shin cleared the boss.

What happen during shin "i want to kill pk-ers" and this normal shin?

i know its mentioned that he destroys pk-ers guild and thats it?

and boom he is back to this normal shin?

@nateriversz
the short Story is that He had to be persuaded by the Ghost of his wife/girlfriend Marino,
because He didn't deemed himself worthy of a peacefull live after He killed this many people.

Dex-chan lover
For such a lighthearted start, these last couple arcs are depressing as hell.

@BlueCatMage Former players that came to this world after their death. From what can be pieced together from the information we have there is no 100% relation to when you died and when you pop up in this world. There's even the question if everyone that died in the death game even came to this world.

Double-page supporter
@sdarkpaladin

so what i see is, when it becomes "death game" anyone who play the game dies and regardless how they die, they die in real life. And then were isekai in the game afterward which depends when they die.

The plot is unravelling Shin reasoning to why he was isekai in the first place. Now that we know that during "death game" cause many people become pk and for some reason marino was killed and shin become anti pk. Or so i thought since this chapter Shin explaining was skipped purposely.

Now shin basically piecing the information that he "lost" during the time before he isekai and why it become "death game"

Basically my theory, since i never read the light novels

Fed-Kun's army
he got his data drained
he start over from level 1 but now he have an avatar
then many levels later he overcame his hatred and gained a new Xth form....
oh wait, this is not ./hack

Dex-chan lover
I want a spin-off where shin is on his fucked up rampage state that would be cool

Dex-chan lover
Asking about mixed race children... It seems Shin is planning for the future.

Dex-chan lover
This may a big spoiler from the novel.

When the game turn into a death game, there is a big incident caused by the PK group. Did you know the place where Shin and The Princess get teleported? That's where the incident took place. In that city, there was an orphanage that gather any young kid player who cannot fight. Holly and Marino was often seen there since they were also the caretaker there. Shin and Shadow often visit there.

And then, the incident happened and killed both Holly, Marino and all the other kids in the orphanage. This event turned Shadow and Shin into a vengeful player. They hunted every single PK player. Especially Shin, he even wiped out some small PK guild. Just to find 2 PK players that killed both their lover (Marino and Holly killed by different player, but they died around the same time).

Because of it, Shin got a nickname "God of Death" or "The Reaper", because the amount of player kill count he had is even exceeding any normal PK player.

Users who are viewing this thread