The New Gate - Vol. 8 Ch. 50

@Vergift
didn't the orphans survived because holly/shadow played for enough time for them to flee?

Dex-chan lover
@Niemand
Yeah, you're right...there were some that able to survive, thanks to Holly and Shadow. There was even 1 kid that able to pull Shin back to the light side.

Sorry before, it looks like my word of choice is a bit wrong in the comment before.

Fed-Kun's army
@Akabane lol i thought the same, after all, why would him want to know that if he has no plans to make a high human/high elf child? xD

Double-page supporter
I wonder if Marino was his girlfriend in the real world and then the game, or if it all started ingame. I'm guessing he became a grim reaper because she was killed? But now I'm also really curious about what got him back to normal...

But don't you dare to spoil me with the novel! I'll read that eventually.

Fed-Kun's army
I'm wondering, if Marino is alive again in this world, would they want to go back? I mean, heck, this world seems to be pretty good so far, aside from the demons. Like, politically, no country really seems to be warmongering or tyrannical. Plus, Schnee is already confirmed to be the strongest and she's still at least twice weaker than MC. Just generally, there little problems that can really burden them in living a dope ass life in post-medieval fantasy world.

Supporter
okay, I thought what Shin was going to ask them was, is she your flesh & blood daughter, and how did that work. Like, as a player avatar, were you pregnant, or did she just spawn in? cause the players rez'ing and now growing old (mentioned some died of old age already, and that seems to have just been completely glossed over) and conceiving/having children I think would be a pretty major reveal/point of emphasis of what their lives are like/capable of now.

Double-page supporter
@OsoJr the lack of modern amenities can be jarring, especially for people who invested enough to buy a version of Full-dive VR for a game.

Fed-Kun's army
@Scrwd I'm wondering if they still think they're in a VR game or not. It's actually maybe hard to tell. It's been several centuries since they beat the game, and the time between them awakening is inconsistent. Some haven't seen each other for several years too. If this were still a a game, their real bodies would have been long dead. Then again, they say that dream like states actually only happen for like about the last 10 minutes before waking up, despite dreams often feeling like hours. So, it's as equally possible that those several years in the VR was just maybe a couple weeks or months. Either way, this VR world is still just as real as reality, as in they have all their senses, emotions, and minds. They're also already surrounded by loved ones, and have a fairly secure way of life. In logical terms, they already have more than enough to cover all levels of Maslow's pyramids.

Double-page supporter
@OsoJr It became a death game, remember? I assume that its SAO level of death game, and we only know that the current "players" previously died before, and the only living player is MC. Only MC's irl body is in question, while the bodies of the others most likely have died off already. As for whether they want to return or not, only MC expresses his wish to go back home, since we know for sure that he still have ties to the real world and has spent the least amount of time in the world as compared to people like Shadow or Holly. From what we know, he only spent gametime + around 2 months after being transported 500 years into the future, while the others has spent 20-30 years in "The New Gate" already.
It's completely understandable he's still used to the real world and still wants to return back home to what he was used to before, and as Neko said, his mind will change the longer he stays here

Fed-Kun's army
@Scrwd ??? No, it wasn't a death game. Only an actual minority were PKers, and even then, MC took out the major PK guilds on his own while on a rampage. He explains this in this chapter. Also, he solo'd the final boss because it was soloable. It wasn't a raid boss. Also explained in this chapter. During that time, people were still alive too, they specifically say in this chapter that he saved several lives. His friends died of unspecified reasons, possibly from just general quests and such, but most common people were still alive while MC killed the last boss.

Double-page supporter
@Scrwd Was it not mentioned in chapter 47 that Hibineko died, Holly died before Shadow died, and thats how they were able to reunite with each other? As far as we know, Mc's GF (Marino) died way before he killed the last boss, thats why they asked whether she is somewhere in the world or not.
It was 100% a death game and there were people that legit died ingame

Double-page supporter
Love how flustered he is because of the kiss.....There is still hope for the ship to sail.

Edit: Anyway, Shin girlfriend died in game so, as the theory says about the only people who got reincarnated were the ones who interacted with Shin meaning she had to have been send here like Holly and Shadow at some point. Right?

If anyone is curious about the shin, marino, and schnee situation and what happens with the romances, then check this spoiler
Shin confesses his love for Schnee and they get together and he decides to stay in The New Gate world

AHHHHHHH I REALLY DO HOPE THE SPOILER IS TRUE HUHUHU I DONT WANT THE MARI GIRL

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

Dex-chan lover
That'd be a strange thing to think about. 500 years have passed and many players have already died of old age. With that much time passing it's kinda sad to think about. Especially if some people appeared years apart. Also people who have appeared were those he interacted with so maybe that has to do with him beating origin

Contributor
Schnee used "kiss" on Shin.
It was super effective!

So effective, that he had to focus hard on smithing to distract himself.

I like how this couple pretends that Shin is gunning for their little girl. They really are friends to be ribbing around like that. So Kaede is a half-elf, half-lord girl, who's effectively a chosen one by stats alone and inherited both her parents' special traits. She has a bright future in this world ahead of her. I do wonder what would happen if her parents try to bring her back to Earth with them. At best she'll just lose her special abilities, at worst she can't come with them.

I think I'm starting to get the picture about Shin and Marino. If this was mentioned in a chapter before, I missed it somehow. But I guess Marino might have been PK'd and that sent Shin on a vengeful rampage hunting and slaying PKers and that turned into his "Grim Reaper" phase. So one reason Shin really wants to return to Earth, is to confirm what happened to Marino outside the game. If she appears in this world, then it confirms she died in-game like his friends here. But I think that's exactly why Shin only half-wants to see her; because if she doesn't appear here, there's a chance she might still be on Earth. I don't exactly have confirmation about what physically happens on Earth to those who died in-game back then. I don't think this is like SAO where the NerveGear helmet just fries the brains of the players who die in-game.

"Things are really convenient for him in this world."
Sir, that's pretty much the case for a lot of overpowered isekai protagonists.

Users who are viewing this thread