The New Gate - Vol. 9 Ch. 57

@Mustang_00 Ah, so they did. Although I thought monogamy was standard there and polygamy only allowed for cases where wanted to make sure plenty of descendants/heirs such as royalty, heroes, and/or extremely talented/powerful people well above the norm like the 2nd princess. Although something tells me having two beautiful elves as fiances is just going to make the 2nd princess more determined to rope him in and might even be willing to be his 2nd or 3rd wife as long as he marries her. After all, he's the only person she knows who sees her role as a princess as just a part of her rather than other people who consider her rank the most defining thing about her with the rest just window dressing. That and being a battle maniac she probably sees him as one of the few people who is just as strong or stronger than she is in terms of battle yet he is still humble rather than flaunting or rubbing it in her face. In any case, looking forward to seeing how the current situation is resolved, along with whether or not the 1st princess takes part or develops a crush for MC as well.

lol..

First: damn, this artist went super saiyan for this chapter lol.
second: huh, I don't honestly recall when they became his fiancees but I wholeheartedly accept and agree lol

This did indeed come up in the chapter before he went to the palace. He said he would say he had a fiancee if they asked for marriage. Tiera and Schnee both said they'd do it. He told the princess also when they were teleported. I didn't think he'd say they both were though

Contributor
There's something funny about the prettiest woman in the group being unaware of her incredible beauty, even when under magic that stops people from recognizing her identity.

Page 7: tells us Kaede's dress is pretty, but nowhere in that page or the ones before do we see her dress in full view...

"Everyone's looking at us"
Says the well-dressed man who consciously decided to make a grand entrance with two beautiful ladies holding on to his arms.

Saying he has two fiancees went a little too smoothly there. If this means polygamy is accepted in this world, then the "I'm engaged" strategy can actually backfire because that means Lyonne still has a chance to marry him. "If he can have two, then why not three?" is what the princess could say. Since she's not particularly stuck-up despite being royalty, I think she can even settle for being wife #3, which actually might not be bad for her if the alternative is a political marriage with some old fart like what IRL political marriages between royals tended to be.

I do like that Schnee, even in disguise is stepping up to gatekeep other girls away. If only she didn't have to disguise herself, though. Knowing that Shin is engaged to the living legend Schnee would probably be far more effective at keeping Lyonne away. But choosing to keep things under wraps is how they got themselves into this little pickle.

They definitely talked bout pretending MC is engaded to deter the princess, and he most probably asked both of them to cross arms with him to not leave any of his comrades on ice. But yeah, saying both are his fiancess is freudian slip or wishful thinkin despite him trying to not get attached

Users who are viewing this thread