The New Legend of the Strongest Man Kurosawa

Dex-chan lover
Just read through the first one, it was really inspiring, is this sequel anywhere near as good?
Doesn’t seem to be talked much online.

Having now caught up to chapter 57, I can say it’s still good, but it is less tight than the first and has a pretty rocky start.

What a disgrace of a sequel.

Let me preface this by saying that Legend of the Strongest Man Kurosawa is one of the best, most profound and entertaining mangas I've ever read, if not the best overall. It's a story of human misery and of someone finding out he has already wasted most of his life and needs to make the best out of what little he has left. Every single chapter was funny, sad, bizarre, extreme or any combination thereof. It kept you guessing what kind of experience would Kurosawa try in his pursuit of happiness and once it reached the climax, I couldn't stop crying for a full two days. It hit and it hit pretty hard in showing how even the most humble and low people deserve the utmost respect.
So how in the dickens did FKMT turn such a splendid story with a satisfying conclusion into a gag comedy with wacky hijinks and comedic misunderstandings? How do you go from fighting for your life with a bunch of vagrants to retain what little humility you have left to disguising yourself as a Buddhist monk to entertain two American stereotypes? It's irritating, it destroys the entire plot of the first series and any sort of moral lesson is pretty much gone. FKMT truly is the Nicolas Cage of manga, either he creates astounding works of art that can delve into topics rarely seen in modern media or some real stinkers that should not even exist unless as an example for what NOT to do with your creative mind. It almost feels like FKMT read the Akagi anthology and decided to make a parody manga of his own series. Which again, it's even dumber than that, given that Middle Management Blues Tonegawa already exists and manages to be a tongue-in-cheek self deprecating comedy without having to destroy the tone of its source material.

Absolutely not recommended, there are much better gag mangas. Go read Teenage Renaissance David-Kun or something else.

Wonderful sequel so far! Instead of how to live, this one has thus far been how to survive once taking in the lessons learned from the first. 😄

I can't deny the fact that I'm astonished every time I read one of Fukumoto Nobuyiki's works. Truly original.

Every sunday I come here to see if there's a new chapter update. There never is one, but I don't give up, I know that someday, Shin Kurosawa will be fully translated and the everyone will be able to see what a great sequel it actually is.

For everyone one that thinks this sequel is lame, weak or ruins the original, read up to the part where Kurosawa leaves the hospital and meet Sensei, FKMT didn't lost his touch and all the things that made the original great are still here, just need to get through the silly antics.

After all, the original manga did have a volume and a half of Kurosawa's lame antics trying to get his coworkers to like him.

Im looking at these volume cover and wtf lol
the last 13 volumes are about this akido storyline

this seems ridiculous but I trust fukumoto

I don't see y people are shitting on this sequel...It's actually good. And personally, I prefer this part than the other one, mainly because more interesting events and consequences are happening in this part.

Very good sequel, on par with the first part although without all the fighting but that was never what the manga was about.

Users who are viewing this thread