The Newly-wed Life of a Witch and a Dragon - Ch. 21

i see what people mean about Aiden being like that bc he's a dragon, but honestly for this relationship to work, that can't be his excuse. also, it's not like him being a dragon kept him from understanding that Wendy would absolutely hate what he did bc he stopped the dragon lord from explaining the oath as if he knew Wendy would have a problem with it. and he went ahead with the oath anyway. Wendy clearly communicated to him before that she hated not knowing important info like that, so there's no excuse there either. and also there isn't really evidence in the comic itself that this is normal behavior for dragons, regardless of how they are portrayed in other stories? not that we know much about the dragons but we already know Aiden was ✨difficult✨ growing up so this could v well be a him problem

this is not to say Wendy doesn't have problems bc anybody feel like she tends to blatantly ignore what Aiden wants too? like she kinda uses his love for her against him. anyway I'm excited to see whether he'll get a fulfilling redemption arc or if this is gonna just completely bulldoze through to the romance part lol

@Shorik hahaha I've been hearing a lot of that too

sighh why do people always try to shift blame off a shitty, basically abusive ml by mentioning the fl's flaws. please. being an asshole like wendy is not the same as manipulating someone & turning them into a different fucking species. with no remorse.

I'm seing Ms. Wendy is just like Aiden. She imposes herself to others and doesn't listen to them. They're a mach.

@Kaarme Well, sorry then. English is not my first language so "charm" and "seduce" sound similiar to me.

Dex-chan lover
@areticentreader
and also there isn't really evidence in the comic itself that this is normal behavior for dragons, regardless of how they are portrayed in other stories?

Yeah, and that's quite a problem. I said in an earlier post that I wish Aiden was even more troublesome, due to being a dragon. Maybe it's just my general cynicism and low expectations, however, but despite everything I've said about Aiden's dragon identity explaining some one his actions, in reality I feel like the author doesn't give a damn about Aiden being a dragon and has merely made him quite a scumbaggish personality without it having anything to do with his species. That's, of course, the absolutely worst possibility, but, regardless, I fear it's going to be the correct one.

@shinrakvsa I'm not sure if you are referring to my posts, but rather than shifting blame, I'm trying to see the reason behind Aiden behaving so poorly. The same also goes for Wendy's actions, which aren't really fitting for someone in her position. I'm referring to the smartness of her actions, not the morality. Like you said, Wendy is merely acting like some nanpa master who picked up a guy to have comfort sex with him for a single night to forget her sadness, yet got entangled in far more trouble than she bargained for, which drove her to behave somewhat rudely. Aiden, however, was planning to ensnare Wendy for good from the beginning. There's definitely a big difference there.

@Kaarme definitely. nothing in the story that I've seen has really differentiated dragons from humans in terms of mental or emotional cognizance, which makes Aiden just so much worse

aside: i remember a detail saying something about how dragons who start to model their lairs like humans after spending more time with them, which to me suggests that they start becoming more like humans and can gain a basic understanding of humans? idk but anyway if Aiden is incapable of respecting Wendy bc he's a dragon that still does not make their relationship a healthy one so

Dex-chan lover
@areticentreader Haha, yeah. Their relationship has never been one that I'd call healthy. They are bonded now, nevertheless, and technically she's his wife, so one route for her to be happier would be to get along with Aiden. Lovers are happier than haters. It's not like Aiden would want to hurt her, after all. He just hasn't understood how not to hurt her. She could educate him. They did get along from time to time, in the end, and no doubt they are very erotically compatible. Her life is long now, and many things could change.

@Kaarme yeah that's true. I'm hoping when it goes into the redemption arc, it's handled properly. it seems like the creator knows what they're doing so I'm looking forward to it hehe

Users who are viewing this thread