The One Within the Villainess - Ch. 15 - The Distinguished Actress

Dex-chan lover
I'm gonna guess that since the last person stopped at chapter 14, multiple groups decided to pick it up at the same time?
I understand the stigma around stealing/sniping series, but at the very least in this case it does not appear to be malicious.

If anything, I for one am grateful that there is so much interest in this series that multiple groups are trying to continue and potentially finish it.

Dex-chan lover
It's actually funny how much lower quality this one is compared to the other chapter 15
The other one look like MTL with how weird the sentence are...
The image being blury is quite an issue, but the text is a lot more well writen in this one.

Dex-chan lover
if you compare this one to the other team's translation, it's a lot easier to understand tbh.
This version is easier to understand but the prose is too simple and plain compared to previous chapters so I don't think the translation is very accurate. The previous translator did quit because this series was a pain in the ass to translate... Even the other version is a bit stilted with very awkward wording while attempting to maintain the excessively eloquent prose

Dex-chan lover
You need to change your eyes because this one was definitely better.
I think you may want to get your eyes checked, this one's nearly half the resolution.
Also random bullshit like "this is my sincere, unfeigned heart" and a sentence spread over two pages adding up to "ahh, that woman, she's... was really good at fabricating crimes." - yeah I'm sure she's was very good unlike this translator's English comprehension.

Fed-Kun's army
i dont know wtf ya'll are reading but this one's quality is quite is bit lower. While the beginning part about the magic was easier to understand everything after that is pretty garbage. basic grammar mistakes and confusing the subjects in a sentence is really off putting and is also a quick fix from proof reading which they pretty obviously didnt do since they also have mispellings.

Fed-Kun's army
Looking at it, resolution is lower on the newer upload. All pages appear lightly faded compared to the other upload along with being blurrier in general. I get that some folks don’t have super high bandwidth connections, but MangaDex already has a way to decrease that for readers. Doing it on the uploader side isn’t a good thing.

In some places their choice of wording isn’t too big of a deal sometimes. But the bit about shame is a huge difference in meaning. Being ashamed to be with someone is different from bringing shame to someone. Being ashamed is more about oneself and bringing shame is more about the other person.

The most egregious issue for me, the usage of “sama.” If this is supposed to be a translation to English, then it should use English, in all its forms. Translation, not just romanization.

thanks for the chapter!

if you compare this one to the other team's translation, it's a lot easier to understand tbh.
I found the other translation easier to understand than this one. The sudden change of the characters’ style of speech compared to previously translated chapters is really off-putting too. It’s obvious the previous team has put a lot more effort, not only ontp the quality of the scans and type setting, but making sure the vocabulary and writing style is consistent with the previous group who translated 1-14

Dex-chan lover
This version is easier to understand but the prose is too simple and plain compared to previous chapters so I don't think the translation is very accurate. The previous translator did quit because this series was a pain in the ass to translate... Even the other version is a bit stilted with very awkward wording while attempting to maintain the excessively eloquent prose
oh, that explains it. Tbh I find the other translation a bit too verbose, and I don't quite understand what the hell the character were saying. So yes, while this translation is a bit too simple and plain, at least I understand it immediately, unlike the other translation.

anw, I'm just glad that there are multiple groups working on this. At least it's popular enough to be picked up so soon.

Fed-Kun's army
Both are significant downgrades to the previous chaps. This one I said looks worse which is true, it is easier to understand. Also lowkey don't like the whole not paying translators part of this group

Users who are viewing this thread