The One Within the Villainess - Ch. 15 - The Distinguished Actress

Group Leader
Sorry guys it's supposed to be uploaded tomorrow but still needs proofreading for some pages. But my staff decided to do it by himself -_-. Also, I just do this because it was commissioned by someone. I'll change all the pages soon.

It's up

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Did they ran page 15 through waifu2x or some other kind of image upscaling?
image.png
image.png
image.png

Dex-chan lover
This version is easier to understand but the prose is too simple and plain compared to previous chapters so I don't think the translation is very accurate. The previous translator did quit because this series was a pain in the ass to translate... Even the other version is a bit stilted with very awkward wording while attempting to maintain the excessively eloquent prose

No previous translator stopped translating all together. Not only this series was dropped but all of the series they had been working on.

Dex-chan lover
The most egregious issue for me, the usage of “sama.” If this is supposed to be a translation to English, then it should use English, in all its forms. Translation, not just romanization.
To be fair this isn't an official localization to sell to wider markets where this could be someone's first nihongonese literature; and the audience of this site is mostly weebs. It's TL'd to English, you can still read it, an honorific or romanized word here and there isn't going to kill you.
That and the only time honorifics are used is by Pina and Emi, both this chapter and previous ones. So it could be a deliberate decision by the author, not just the TL to make the distinction as both Emi and Pina were reincarnators. It might have been lost in translation, but it goes to show how tactless Pina is by continuing to use honorifics while Emi adapted to this worlds vernacular and used Lord/Lady etc.

Dex-chan lover
Previous TL: "when I see your eyes, Milord, I am overcome by an inner strength through your inspiration"

This TL: "yer neat, King-sama. Imma do ma best." (With pixelated lines)

And, just FYI, you don't have to randomly throw in "-sama" for the readers; we already know it's a Japanese manga.

Dex-chan lover
This comments section is so toxic, Just because 2 people did the same chapter does not mean its a bad thing even if he was doing it for attention or money he still did an acceptable job at it.

This comic isn't owned by any of those 2 anyone can scanlate any series they want thats the purpose of this website.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter. Hopefully the Star Maiden will get her comeuppance soon enough.

Users who are viewing this thread