The One Within the Villainess - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - The Villainess Awakens

Dex-chan lover
Authors like this always take the lazy and amateurish path of just providing a fucking summary of events that's as emotionally charged as a wet rock. This chapter sucks lmao.

Harsh, but have to agree. Let the story tell the story. Rushing through things like this is rarely a good idea. It only works well if you've litterly built your story around it (typically as a way to make fun of how common it is for authors to not bother fleshing out their ideas). I get that building up to the main plot is boring and you don't want to do it, but just skipping it like this shows a great deal of naivety. This isn't story telling... we are not you, we don't know what your thinking or the backstory you made up. And this isn't going to just register with us if you give us a receipt with
Item
Emotional damage​
Parents are overly strict
-70​
Mother only sees her as a political tool
-200​
No one loves her
-300​
Uncle dies
-20​
Total
-590​

Author needs to grow up a bit and learn how to tell a story, including the more generic parts like backstory that build up to the unique plot they wish to tell. Strange that the relationship between the original and isekai MC seems to be part of this unique plot, but they are still just ripping right through it and skipping how/why the original's trust went up with the isekai in order to get to whatever they actually want to talk about (I'm guessing day to day life once they merge or something).

Also, I am kinda loosing what is going on in here and I am not sure if its the author's or translator's fault. With this level of incompetence I could easily see it being this confusing in the raws as well, and it doesn't help that Japanese is already a less explicit language (where the listener has to keep up with the context of the situation and determine what is being talked about based off context).

There isn't enough distinction between what happened in the game and what happened in the "story" that we are being told/she is living now. Since both the game world which we are changing and the real world she is living in is being told to us in quick 2 second flashback length narrations instead of actually letting us experience it in the story... I have to re-read the same pannels 3-4 times to figure out if each narration box is talking about something that actually happened or something that was avoided. Doesn't help that both are often negatives so I can't infer from outcomes. If your going to be this lazy at least give us a visual indicator like a game icon at the bottom of the narration box, or a different style on the narration box (like pixled box for game and vine box for reality) to distinguish between the two summaries
First chapters are often painful with character introductions and whatnot, but I don't think I have ever read anything that is nearly as much of a mess as this. We got sloppy introductions to 5 characters that apparently we went from bad to good terms with all in this chapter withing 2 pannels....
Well, I guess I am not compatible with it. High rating doesn't mean it suits everyone's tastes. If anything, it means it made it clear who it's target audience was early on so those of us who don't like it will only have invested time into 1 chapter and won't bother to vote

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
broo.... i know the star maiden is supposed to be evil and all, but the auther really did her dirty by drawing her like that

edit: nvm, just read chapter 2

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: le3
Dex-chan lover
Yeah, well, seeing that face drain my interest to continue. I mean the hate sink type villain is just not my thing. I want villain with positive trait that make you respect them, not this bitch.

I did sneak peek some of the future chapters along with the comments and it seems to be top tier stuff though. Shame I probably won't read it until it reach the ending or the bitch is gone for good.

That said the premise of the series is good though. Something about it just feels sexy to me.

This chapter made me cry from emotions in the first few pages so it's doing something right.

Dex-chan lover
I really don't understand how did this manga get such high score? It's not bad, but definitely not a masterpiece! Oh well, maybe with time those people will read more and broaden their views!
Basically, just because you like something, doesn't mean it's a masterpiece!

Dex-chan lover
So sick of the bitch heroine reincarnator trope... but fk it, let's keep going.

Users who are viewing this thread