The One Within the Villainess - Vol. 1 Ch. 2 - The Star Maiden's Ugly Lies

Dex-chan lover
Reading the WN... up to the most recent chapter, I can safely say I cannot wait for what happens to the Star Maiden to be drawn in mamha format. 😈

Contributor
Emi was not doing the right thing.if you're a villainess, act like one, or you will be used by people like them.

Dex-chan lover
If one thing i would change for this series, is to normalize the twisted face of star maiden.

I know she meant to be an antagonist, but having her face twisted feels like cheapen her character.

She is cunning enough to know where to get "cheat items", a cold evil face probably suits her better than "gyaruish evil face".

Dex-chan lover
Wonder how much influence on the thought process on the capture targets was the item effects and their own thoughts

Dex-chan lover
If one thing i would change for this series, is to normalize the twisted face of star maiden.

I know she meant to be an antagonist, but having her face twisted feels like cheapen her character.

She is cunning enough to know where to get "cheat items", a cold evil face probably suits her better than "gyaruish evil face".
Oh I don't know about that, I think she just was never much good at these sorts of games and spent mommy and daddy's credit card balance on premium shop items.

It comes out later, in the most recent released chapters, that she has no idea whatsoever on how to proceed now that she had essentially swept the only person who could trigger events for her to "take part in" off the board but instead of, like, thinking about that predicament she's just fucking around.

It might also be just streamlining from the WN/LN but she also seemingly doesn't seem to realize that her access to those shop items is gone now that she doesn't strictly need them/can't benefit from them. Did she never go back to the shop?

Dex-chan lover
Oh I don't know about that, I think she just was never much good at these sorts of games and spent mommy and daddy's credit card balance on premium shop items.

It comes out later, in the most recent released chapters, that she has no idea whatsoever on how to proceed now that she had essentially swept the only person who could trigger events for her to "take part in" off the board but instead of, like, thinking about that predicament she's just fucking around.

It might also be just streamlining from the WN/LN but she also seemingly doesn't seem to realize that her access to those shop items is gone now that she doesn't strictly need them/can't benefit from them. Did she never go back to the shop?
She did go back to the shop only to find the shop has run away and ask one of the targets to investigate.

However, she did not know that Emi has spread rumors to the other nobles that she was the reason.

The cunning part is how she is able to locate the shop in the first place in the world. In game world, it is probably just another menu screen.

Dex-chan lover

I initially thought the same, but once her lack of finesse and manners, plus her gyaru-speech was demonstrated, I concluded she was a school bully in her past life. She probably used both schemes and direct violence (physical and mental) toward her victims, so that face would have been quite a regular face of intimidation for her. It got carried over to this life. If you think about it, what she did here would require sociopathic behavior, so that purposefully evil face is nothing strange. It also served the solid purpose of building pressure on Remilia. As soon as the Star Maiden noticed Remilia won't ever retaliate, she could increase Remilia's anguish by abusing her mentally, even if briefly. She probably actually did hope that Remilia would snap and try to do something when provoked, which a veteran of bullying could have immediately turned against an amateur like Remilia.

In short, I think it was a part of fully functional strategy. Of course the strategy only worked because those guys (the capture targets) were all losers who never once tried to help Remilia, despite everything Remilia had done for them. I hope they will get what's coming to them.

Dex-chan lover
Maybe Scarlet El Vandimion has rubbed off on me but man, what a sandbag looking face.

Users who are viewing this thread