The One Within the Villainess - Vol. 4 Ch. 18.6 - What spreads beyond wisdom

Fed-Kun's army
Let me represent the other to apologize to you if we hurt your feeling. We are actually grateful and appreciate the upload. I believe the other are just joking, did not really mean to be negative.
To add to this, I don't think the disappointment expressed here is directed to the translator at all really, but rather for the chapter itself being 1 page.

Maybe it's because of the timing? With the raw for the next chapter already out it feels about time for the next chapter to drop, and then we saw the update in our feeds only for it to be a 1 page bonus. If these bonus pages were released relatively soon after a regular release then they would probably feel more like a bonus page to us.

Regardless, thank you @Yatsuki for the translation of the extra bits we otherwise wouldn't have gotten.

Dex-chan lover
Hey, if you guys are disappointed in the short chapter. Please do me a favour and block me, then you won't have to see more future short extra chapter from and can focus on main story. I'm not expecting gratitude but seeing all the comments complaining about the chapter is starting to get really hurtful.
Don't feel too bad, people are just starved for the next chapter and are grouchy and entitled for their cake. Thanks for this extra.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the translation. And don't worry about the complaints. They aren't aimed at you personally. People are just annoyed that we haven't had a proper update in 6 months and venting said irritation.

That said, it's been six months, so I don't think the group really have grounds to complain if the series gets taken over. Hopefully someone else will pick up the series soon.

Dex-chan lover
don't attack @Yatsuki, attack the publishers instead. it's literally extras for world building purposes.
2iea71.jpg

i really hope they fuc- i mean they have se- i mean like be romantically involved since it's gonna be so funny if horn guy literally head over heels for her coolness and aloofness

Dex-chan lover
Hey, if you guys are disappointed in the short chapter. Please do me a favour and block me, then you won't have to see more future short extra chapter from and can focus on main story. I'm not expecting gratitude but seeing all the comments complaining about the chapter is starting to get really hurtful.
Bear with me for a second. I'm going to use an argument that runs directly counter to a number of arguments I have made recently, but you are worth it..

We, as readers, are entitled to literally nothing. We are graciously given free content by people who (usually) put a great deal of effort and time into it, and for that we should (usually) be nothing if not grateful.
You chose to take an untranslated scan, translate it, edit the scan with the translation and upload it here for us, for free. You didn't have to do that, you didn't get paid to do that, and therefore we can only be grateful for what you have done.
Those expressing disappointment should not be directing it at you, and, while I truly cannot speak for anyone but myself, I certainly hope that they were not directing it at you, but instead the circumstance that some of those before me have mentioned. Please do not take the words of those expressing disappointment to heart, regardless of where they are directing them. You have proven yourself better than [the vast majority of us] already with your actions alone (uploading a translated content). Most of us haven't done that, I certainly haven't. So I am grateful for the work you have done.
Thank you.

P.s. most of the (parentheses) were because of other arguments that I have made recently that run directly counter to the above. They are either "clarification" or "exception" for/to what I am saying.
See spoiler for an example of a recent situation where I argued directly counter to the above point, if you wish.
Example: (relatively) well known group (mass) uploads a number of chapters for a manga being translated by someone else (a relatively new group if I recall correctly), with advertisements for their (paid) services. To be fair, they were likely "hired" before the other (new) group started, and were likely following through with their (paid) obligations... and to be fair in the counterpoint, the majority of the complaints in the comments of some of the chapters were about the quality (or lack thereof). Since it became apparent that the chapters were effectively advertisements for their paid services, the evident lack of quality (proofreading, etc) made the whole thing incredibly inappropriate. It was even worse (more sad) because it was a group I usually enjoy reading from...

For these instances I argue that we readers owe nothing... but that is because, or specifically when, groups demand/expect compensation. (This does NOT apply to you)

Group Leader
Lol I thought my reading settings was changed from long strip to one page I’m dum dumb xD

Thanks for the translation

Dex-chan lover
Bear with me for a second. I'm going to use an argument that runs directly counter to a number of arguments I have made recently, but you are worth it..

We, as readers, are entitled to literally nothing. We are graciously given free content by people who (usually) put a great deal of effort and time into it, and for that we should (usually) be nothing if not grateful.
You chose to take an untranslated scan, translate it, edit the scan with the translation and upload it here for us, for free. You didn't have to do that, you didn't get paid to do that, and therefore we can only be grateful for what you have done.
Those expressing disappointment should not be directing it at you, and, while I truly cannot speak for anyone but myself, I certainly hope that they were not directing it at you, but instead the circumstance that some of those before me have mentioned. Please do not take the words of those expressing disappointment to heart, regardless of where they are directing them. You have proven yourself better than [the vast majority of us] already with your actions alone (uploading a translated content). Most of us haven't done that, I certainly haven't. So I am grateful for the work you have done.
Thank you.

P.s. most of the (parentheses) were because of other arguments that I have made recently that run directly counter to the above. They are either "clarification" or "exception" for/to what I am saying.
See spoiler for an example of a recent situation where I argued directly counter to the above point, if you wish.
Example: (relatively) well known group (mass) uploads a number of chapters for a manga being translated by someone else (a relatively new group if I recall correctly), with advertisements for their (paid) services. To be fair, they were likely "hired" before the other (new) group started, and were likely following through with their (paid) obligations... and to be fair in the counterpoint, the majority of the complaints in the comments of some of the chapters were about the quality (or lack thereof). Since it became apparent that the chapters were effectively advertisements for their paid services, the evident lack of quality (proofreading, etc) made the whole thing incredibly inappropriate. It was even worse (more sad) because it was a group I usually enjoy reading from...

For these instances I argue that we readers owe nothing... but that is because, or specifically when, groups demand/expect compensation. (This does NOT apply to you)
Maybe it's just me but I feel like this is a misunderstanding, like you said it's more likely that us readers expressed our disappointment at the chapter itself, not the translator, it's more of "Aww man, I sad that it's just a crumb after so long (but thanks for the translation)"

And personally, I'm not saying this because I want to offend anyone, but it's the internet, people will say whatever they want regardless of what you do, lets be real people wouldn't give two shits about anyone here, not you, not me, or the translator, they really need to toughen themselves up if those comments have already affected them emotionally, because it's tamed as hell if I'm being honest.

You should never take comment to heart on the internet especially if it's from someone you don't even know, otherwise you will be in a world of hurts later down the line, and I'm speaking from experience, you gotta have some tough skin these day.

Dex-chan lover
Well first of all, thanks you for all your work

To be fair, it did said 18.6, by that point, you would be expecting leftover or side story... Altho 1 page without translate note or so was indeed unexpected but at least we know there were remain page left in chapter 18

Dex-chan lover
Maybe it's just me but I feel like this is a misunderstanding, like you said it's more likely that us readers expressed our disappointment at the chapter itself, not the translator, it's more of "Aww man, I sad that it's just a crumb after so long (but thanks for the translation)"

And personally, I'm not saying this because I want to offend anyone, but it's the internet, people will say whatever they want regardless of what you do, lets be real people wouldn't give two shits about anyone here, not you, not me, or the translator, they really need to toughen themselves up if those comments have already affected them emotionally, because it's tamed as hell if I'm being honest.

You should never take comment to heart on the internet especially if it's from someone you don't even know, otherwise you will be in a world of hurts later down the line, and I'm speaking from experience, you gotta have some tough skin these day.
You are correct. Still I felt that I needed to say what I said (at least in part because I so frequently argue the exact opposite).

anf

Didn't this used to have the girl's love tag? Or am I crazy?

Thank you for this extra tidbit! You did such a nice job that I didn't even realize it was the work of just one person at first. Your cleaning and typesetting work is so professional! I really enjoyed this little page, so thank you again!

Users who are viewing this thread