The One Within the Villainess - Vol. 4 Ch. 23 - The Crimson Crescent Moon Takes an Oath

Dex-chan lover
the mirror panels were definitely top tier, but man those opening pages are gonna give me NIGHTMARES. i thought i clicked on the wrong manga when i saw them... honestly the guy is lucky not to have remembered his dream because that shit was horrifying no thank you ma'am ✋🤐

Double-page supporter
maybe it's just me that understood wrongly but, i feel Remilia misunderstood "villainess remilia's happiness":

- when Emi took over Remilia's body, she worked hard so Remilia could have a good place to return

- when the dogshit happend and Remilia took over, she decided to act like Emi's version of remilia instead of her current self (meaning: less hostile of game version of her since she know Emi's love), and wanting restore "villainess remilia's happiness" that Emi build up

- here is the thing, i felt that Remilia is dissociating herself from character "villainess remilia's happiness" that Emi created, where Emi wanted the owner of her body to be happy in the case she returns, Remilia instead of working on her own happiness, she decide to weaponize "villainess remilia's happiness" to spite Pina, where she can be herself and spite Pina without act the way acts Emi

- while i doubt that Emi would be ok that the world burn if Remilia relapsed in psychosis, but i guess Remilia went an extra mile to act like Emi to in your face, lmao, L+Ratio+Cope+Cry about it + Touch grass + Didnt care didnt ask harder to Pina
This is an interesting point and I don't think it's wrong but I don't think it's entirely correct either. Which is a testament to how well-written and how complex Remilia's character is!

Emi wanted Remilia to have a life she could be happy with. That completely fell apart when Willard broke the engagement and proclaimed all of the false accusations.

Emi was no longer capable of building the life she wanted for Remilia and that shattered her will. Remilia--seeing the one soul that gave her compassion collapse into despair--used her knowledge and cunning to right the wrongs done to the first person she came to feel compassion for.

I don't necessarily see her weaponizing Emi's ideal of "Remilia's happiness." Rather, Remilia is respecting everything she learned and felt from Emi to change how her actions affect others and in-turn, affect herself.

Remilia is still conniving. She's still spiteful. That has never changed. What has changed is who she's conniving and spiteful  for. In the beginning it was Emi. Now it's everyone Remilia has helped as they also continue to support her.

Emi knew Remilia better than Remilia knew herself. I believe Emi is thrilled to see how Remilia is going about things other than the end goal of taking revenge. It's unlikely Emi would approve of that aspect but it'd make sense if she'd be able to look past it. Emi knows more than anyone that's just how Remilia is.

either there’s an error in translation or that’s some serious levels of denial and mental gymnastics from the king about his son, never intended to cancel the engagement my arse
I belive it was meant to be temporary, they all believed that was going to "humble" Emi (since they believed she was just jealous of the star maiden) she was supposed to apologize (they all have an inferiority complex especially the prince)

Dex-chan lover
First off, the art. Absolutely fantastic. Like you go through the series, and there are parts where the art just hits so hard. This was one of those chapters.

Second, there's so many layers to Remilia, like
  • The Remilia that was changed by Emi's unconditional love
  • Remilia the "because that's what Emi would do"
  • Remilia the "save the world because that's a thing that needs to be done"
  • Remilia the "assemble the evidence to prove her innocence"
  • Remilia the "I want to create a place for Emi to return to whenever she wants."
  • But underneath it all, like a monster lurking beneath the water, Remilia the stone-cold villainess.
This is a chapter that makes me glad I picked up the series.

Dex-chan lover
The eyes man, the artist does eyes certainly the evil ones so good!

also thanks for the translation i hope soon theres more!

Dex-chan lover
I hope that after emi is absolved of sin, she will leave the kingdom.

Or at the very least, the capital.
Well, if Remi "accepts" Angel's proposal, wouldn't that make her the demon queen? 8D
I can't wait for next chapter, i hope emi can back again

IDK if it'll be changed but apparently she'll be reborn as remilia's daughter? as well as the "OG" star maiden who had to suffer bc of Transmigrator Pina's behavior

Dex-chan lover
I wonder if the 'kid' with the half demon prince is like a servant or someone he adopted/taking care of b/c even tho it's 'older' times it does kinda stick out among an entourage of other followers (unless he's older than he looks and it's a disguise for him to do some 'spying' like that maid lol)

Double-page supporter
why would she want your cheating incompetent ass back? apple really didnt fall far from the tree
also where's the rest of the loser brigade, haven't seen any of their lives fall apart yet

Dex-chan lover
I hope that after emi is absolved of sin, she will leave the kingdom.

Or at the very least, the capital.
She destroys everything and everyone who doesn't immediately come work for her. She economically ruins the kingdom save for those who still believe in her. She gets married to Angel, becomes a demon, and has his children. Those two children, she plucks Emi and Pina's original souls and places them in those children, saving them from Pina's damage. Then she'll keep Pina alive for as long as she can while flaunting that she won. It's going to be GLORIOUS. Remilia is a true villain, but has something she's fighting for. She'll bring absolute ruin to Pina and everyone who listened to her.

Users who are viewing this thread