The Only Love I Know - Ch. 8

Ugh I get that Yeonju treated Hari well in the past but they all have treated Hari really badly recently... Hari is putting up with so much of their toxic/manipulative behavior

Yeonju is that toxic friend you never suspected to be toxic. The slow poison that creeps up on you

Oh come on!!!!!you shouldn't feed her selfishness or it'll just become bigger and bigger

Man, what had she done to the situation? Every thing's a mess. It would be nice if ahe can just tell every one what was on her mind than putting up with them. I bet, they will stop pestering her, when they don't benefit with her anymore. :( I wish that it would not be true.

Thanks for scanlating this team :)

As terrible as I think Yeonju is behaving, I get where Hari is coming from. You want to be there to support your best and closest friend even when they’re acting crazy. It’s the difference between a true friend and a fair weather friend. So far, Hari is framed as the type to stick with people she’s close to even through the bad times, that’s a strength and not a weakness. She’s also shown to be selective about who she gets close to. She felt something was off about Yuha, that he was faking a smile and wasn’t truthful with her so she decided to end their dating.

Again, we’re also starting the series off when the friendship is in a bad spot, and we never got to experience the good moments. So it’s easy for us to want Hari to cut off Yeonju. That could be a drawback in writing terms Because we as the audience dislike Yeonju and don’t feel the pity and sadness Hari is probably feeling. But by starting here, we’re at the point in the story where things are most exciting/dramatic.

I don’t agree with her fake dating Yuha and instead a dose of tough love is what Yeonju should get. People can be in denial about their partner’s faults even when it’s staring them in the eye. Think of all the times in real life we wonder why a friend is staying with a guy even though we both know he’s awful, I.e. cheater, beats her, steals, or any other major flaw.

I actually prefer Yuha’s reaction to a lot of characters in Manga/Manhwa etc when it comes to step siblings. It’s weird for characters who grew up from childhood as siblings to be attracted to one another. Here they became step siblings when they were much older and Yuha already liked her and wanted to date her before she became his sister. So now he’s trying to hold back whatever he’s felt so as not to break up his new family.

Sorry for the essay, I just wanted to be clear on my own subjective thought process 😅

HARI NO WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO YOURSELF

Everyone around her is so selfish and she needs to get out of there. No more toxicity please

thank you for the chap ♡♡

@Zikakuto love your essay. You made really good points. Hari probably doesn't want to let go of one of the only people who gave her love all these years. She's just so unlucky and everyone around her treats her like a doormat, despite the fact that she comes off as pretty strong and independent. I think my extra dislike of Yeonju stems from this feeling that she doesn't deserve the amount of love she gets (I sound so mean lol) and also that she's very Mary Sue. We aren't shown much of who she is, just that she's bubbly and extroverted, so clearly I'm biased haha.

What we have seen is how high Yeonju puts her relationship in her list of priorities. Girl REALLY needs to see a therapist because she seriously thinks she'll die without her man.

It's so unfair to Hari - even though they're friends, she doesn't owe Yeonju anything. Of course, Yeonju knows she stepped out of line, but we all know she's been mulling over the possibility 🤢

Also, I feel like Jinho actually never liked Yeonju and was just trying to get closer to Hari..

Fed-Kun's army
What the hell??!! I thought you were smarter than this. You are not responsible for her happiness. If you take care of only her happiness what about you. Your friend is becoming toxic by the minute. Self harm to make you feel sympathy of her lol. You either tell it to her face that the things she is doing is bad and hope that she would listen and change her self or you break it off. The would be others who would want to be your friend and would be more kind to you. Lol this whole webtoon is screaming red flags.

@firelordzuzu Awww, thanks for reading it. 😁🙏

That’s such a good point about how high in the list of priorities her boyfriend is in her life. Even above her friendship and her stepbrother, who is now her actual family. And dying without some sleazy guy, girl you’re being so melodramatic 😵.

And I so agree with this, she doesn’t owe Yeonju being in a relationship with Yuha. That’s messed up.

I also think Jinhoo never really liked Yeonju either. He’s got those sociopathic tendencies like, superficial charm, lack of empathy, no guilt or remorse, doesn’t consider his or other’s safety, shows aggressive behaviour, lies and deceives to manipulate others, lack of regard for other’s feelings and rights. He probably got bored of her after three years and now wants to obtain something else, using his connection to Yeonju to get Hari.

What a roller coaster emotion!
The story often bring twist!

I am really happy and surprised at first when Hari realize that it is toxic and selfish. I thought the relationship between Hari and Yeonju will be the end.

The ending of this chapter surprised me. Can't wait to read the next chapter

Hari needs a real friend not that selfish manipulative bitch of Yeonju.

I actually yelled out "NOOOOOO" at the ending there. I mean, I'm not actually surprised but based on how the chapter started I was hoping Hari would be more firm with Yeonju. I get Hari's in a tough spot and she wants to help her friend, but I think sometimes being a real friend may at times involve doing what is best for your friend over what your friend wants/likes. Also, I'm of the feeling that if you feel like you need to lie to please your friend, something has gone intrinsically wrong with your friendship. A healthy relationship should encourage honesty not deception.

At the same time too, I understand that Hari is feeling pressured and may think it's only temporary so she bends. Sometimes in the moment is not easy to have the foresight to see this choice doesn't help Yeonju or her.

He was pretty annoying and incredibly manipulative in the past few chapters, but I love the fake dating trope, so I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt and hope for a redemption arc!

Hari you're surrounded by trash, Just let them all in their toxic relationships and get new friends

Also, I was really proud of her friend for apologizing and admitting her request was selfish, but very disappointed if “telling her everything” was just lying to her about being in a relationship and not revealing the boyfriend’s consistently awful behavior...

I know she lied to protect her friend because she’s desperate to give him one more chance, but she doesn’t actually know the full extent of her boyfriend’s actions yet.

@Zikakuto i really like your point on why hari is hesitant to let go of yeonju as a friend. it explains a lot why hari is very lenient with yeonju's selfishness.

Hari why!! All the characters are so unlikeable, if Hari doesn't get out of there it might be time to drop this

Users who are viewing this thread