The Optimistic Thread

Searching through 17.000+ images that I have on my computer is tough, so I'm going with this one today
3fb06b59af0df53becbc12c317ba2afa.jpg

Fed-Kun's army
Life is terrible for a lot of reasons. Everyone knows that. Humans have a strong negativity bias and are never content with anything for long. Humans have a lot more options than most mammals, but with those options comes the increasing worry that they're not using their time effectively. We want to party, watch movies (or anime), play games, etc. But we also want to make the best possible use of our time. We're torn between indulgence and optimization, and the more options that are created, the harder it is to optimize our time in any objective sense. This is why people with more restrictions are on average happier. This is why people join religions cults, start families, and sabotage themselves on a daily basis without even realizing it. Options create uncertainty, and uncertainty is scary.

For me personally, I find that learning and accomplishing things best sets my mind at ease. I haven't really had fun in a long time, because anxiety is always quick to follow. I understand that this is what creates unstable workaholics, but I'd rather work in apathy than play video games only to feel extremely anxious. I imagine many kids stop playing video games when they become adults for this reason.

I imagine many kids stop playing video games when they become adults for this reason
I guess this kinda confirms my mother's claims that I'm still a children (despite having 22 yo) (>∀<)
Living in a mindset of "live slow, die whenever" have its pros and cons, but at least anxiety is the least of my concerns (on the other hand my productivity is horribly bad overall, the more anxious people almost have an heart attack when I tell them about my day)

Fed-Kun's army
@LunaKara Maybe, but I'm honestly jealous of people who can just "live". I'm jealous of the few adults that can genuinely enjoy video games, dumb Netflix specials, and doing nothing for hours on end with their friends. Also, I think I may have a new favorite animal.

Group Leader
We're all gonna die someday. No more worries. After that, it's either:

- Go to heaven and play with 72 virgins
- Go to hell and get raped by 72 succubus
- Eternal sleep
- Isekai'ed to a world with magic and repeat your life as a virgin again.

Double-page supporter
It's important to have a positive attitude, but it has to be based on something, cannot be created out of nothing.

This era is all about entertainment but your brain is yearning for accomplishments, that's why videogames are so addictive, but that will never beat the real thing. My advice is, practise a sport, a social sport preferably. This year I started boxing and yeah, it hurts, stinks, literally, it's tiring... but now I know what a punch to the face (and liver) feels like, you know?
Wdn78VC.png

And yes, I know I'm not fooling anyone. I got inspired to do boxing by a manga, not by Socrates.

Dex-chan lover
@JonRa
>encouraging physical activity
I stopped reading when I realized that and immediately reported the comment for being based.

A lot of people forget how much of a mood-booster exercise can be.

And yeah, I'm not fooling anyone with my motivation either. It's mostly from Kirishima's character arc around chapter 145.

Double-page supporter
We may be one of the first generations to possibly benefit from anti aging treatments.

Group Leader
@immortalartisan When do we get our robotic penis with RGB lightning, cooling fan, and smart sensitivity adjustment? Just in case I get older and still be a virgin.

Dex-chan lover
Even with 8 Billion people on Earth and the number of screw ups they have done; The world has not imploded just.... Yet. Surely your screw up today wont break the straw on the camel's back just yet? And if it did, you would not be here reading this.

Users who are viewing this thread