The Otome Heroine's Fight for Survival - Vol. 3 Ch. 15.5 - Extra Chapter (1) : Elena

Dex-chan lover
It's not like that at all. This is 1 chapter adapting vol1 ch32 of the LN which is 99% Elena's thoughts. The writing in the manga chapter is like 10% of what's stated in that chapter alone, it's hard to 1:1 adapt from novels to manga/anime.

The gist of it is Elena is depressed cause her mother the 2nd queen abandoned her cause the 4 elements in her manastone which means she will die in her 20s.

Yet the rest of the royal family is supportive, especially her kind brother which wakes her up from the depression. Her view of her brother is obviously skewed by her mother who wanted Elena to usurp the throne and compete against the 1st queen.

Elena decides to make a plan with the King and continue her queenly education, and support her brother until the end.

I don't see that as bitchy tbh.

As for her thing with Aria. Im like 99% sure Elena is really obsessed with Aria's hair. But in seriousness it's just what stated. Elena is planning living her life in a lonely, isolating way, the same Aria is yet both are working towards their ideals. Aria wants to be strong enough to survive and live however she wants, and Elena wants to be ready to help her brother keep the kingdom intact in a midst of
looming civil war
well maybe thats how it is in the novel but here its not like that at all.

Dex-chan lover
No, but I would want to know why. Definitely a good thing that we can't read each other's thoughts. We shouldn't be judged just for thinking things. In my opinion it's how we actually act that matters the most.
We can control our own thoughts with a fair degree of control, even if we think of something terrible we can check our own biases and give others the benefit of doubt. And yes we should absolutely be judge others thoughts as well as our own. For example my parents we're pretty decent folk but had a bad habit of being prejudice instinctively. Locking the car door whenever a black dude came close, avoiding homeless people like a plague because and I quote " I don't want to be robbed by those crackheads". I met these dude and they were perfectly chill, just had a few streaks of misfortunes over their lives. I talked to them about it for years about these behaviors and eventually they learned a good deal more empathy for them and even slides them some cash once in a while. I am proud of what they grew into and it wouldn't have happened if I respected their right to independent thought.

Dex-chan lover
Her father did everything openly and that ruined things. If Elena does nothing but keep a female lover in secret, one who doesn't even need her financial support, or anything, what exactly is it going to ruin? If the alternative is that she's going to die inside, it would be for the good of the kingdom. If she loses her humanity and putinises herself without Aria, she might end up becoming a ruthless tyrant. If Aria allows Elana to maintain her human heart, as much as is possible for someone in her position, the kingdom will be better for it, assuming there's no need for huge bloodbaths in the future.
Nobody who would prioritise their own love over the needs of the entire country is fit to be a royal. Some lewd handholding is not worth all the deaths this sort of action will cause.

Dex-chan lover
We can control our own thoughts with a fair degree of control, even if we think of something terrible we can check our own biases and give others the benefit of doubt. And yes we should absolutely be judge others thoughts as well as our own. For example my parents we're pretty decent folk but had a bad habit of being prejudice instinctively. Locking the car door whenever a black dude came close, avoiding homeless people like a plague because and I quote " I don't want to be robbed by those crackheads". I met these dude and they were perfectly chill, just had a few streaks of misfortunes over their lives. I talked to them about it for years about these behaviors and eventually they learned a good deal more empathy for them and even slides them some cash once in a while. I am proud of what they grew into and it wouldn't have happened if I respected their right to independent thought.

No, no we really can't control our thoughts all that well. We can control how we act (usually) and we can eventually retrain how we think to a point, but it takes considerable time and effort. Conditioning and/or education is by no means a guaranteed way to change how someone thinks. Not even yourself. And in your example about your parents, you only know about their thoughts because they expressed them through actions and words. Elena hasn't actually done anything to her brother, she just thinks he's weak and would make a bad king. That doesn't mean she doesn't care for him at all or treats him poorly.

We need to see more before I'm willing to judge her on it.

Dex-chan lover
Nobody who would prioritise their own love over the needs of the entire country is fit to be a royal. Some lewd handholding is not worth all the deaths this sort of action will cause.
It seems like you don't actually know all that much about IRL royalty. News flash, secret lovers amongst the servants have been a thing for as long as there has been nobility. Worst that usually happens is salacious rumors if people find out about it.

Also, this whole conversation is a bit ick. They're literally children right now, even if they've been forced into situations that have made them grow up quickly.

Dex-chan lover
Correction. The men did. The women couldn't get away with it. You know, the whole chastity thing. They didn't have DNA tests back then so infidelity couldn't be tolerated due to the risk of the bloodlines being usurped.

Dex-chan lover
Correction. The men did. The women couldn't get away with it. You know, the whole chastity thing. They didn't have DNA tests back then so infidelity couldn't be tolerated due to the risk of the bloodlines being usurped.
Agreed, to a point. Illegitimate children were definitely a thing though. And there were certainly some female nobility with female lovers, just like male nobility with male lovers. Most of the time this didn't end up destroying a country or a ruler. They just swept it all under the rugs and tried to pretend like none of it happened. Or they gossiped endlessly about it behind each other's backs.

Dex-chan lover
if you guys are wondering if this ship is sailing or not, you should read the Web Novel. The main story is already finished.

Dex-chan lover
I can see that you are looking forward to a future where we all will be governed by an AI.

Who's prioritising anything? Don't think in two-bit fashion. Royals very much have their private life as well. It's necessary to maintain their sanity. Of course all heads of states have much less privacy than regular folks, but the same goes for big corporation CEOs as well, for example. Yet they have their private lives. Life isn't worth it otherwise, unless you are a megalomaniac who's only satisfaction is derived from work, such as making the nation grow larger and who only sees the nation as an extension of themselves. Lots of such people have caused much suffering in the world, in the form of big wars and tyranny.

Dex-chan lover
Except it is. Everything I wrote is what the manga chapter showed at all I just clarifying/reordering details for people who can't read between the lines. This is also assuming you can remember the previous chapters. For some reason too many people forget details about the previous chapters and then come to silly conclusions.

Dex-chan lover

Except it is? Quite hinted here and there even downright mentioned on previous chapters. This is not one shot manga, you don't need to infodump everything into one chapter.

Supporter
I see people want to see yuri happen but unless we get more info, it seems unlikely.
Elana seems like the "logic before emotion" type but yeah, there's also a troupe of said type could go full dere after breaking down and saved(and she almost did in this extra ch.)

But that need more set up to make that happen and since the story theme is about survival, I doubt author would go for full yuri fanservice. at best it'd be yuri baiting like this but we'll see, I guess.

Group Leader
Spoilers ahead:

Elena is hinted to end up with a foreign prince. Or at least that's how things were projected to be when the story ends. Said foreign prince is also slated to become the head of state of his country much like Elena ends up, so its implied they might end up making the strongest alliance on the continent.

As for yuri side of things... Aria is pretty much ends up with Carla. After killing and then reviving her, Carla more or less follows Aria around doing jobs and work with her. Besides the fact these 2 are the most powerful beings on the continent with a "pet" super beast that can take on dragons... It pretty much a couple and their cat doing random stuff.
Who is Carla?

Dex-chan lover
For people who couldn't understand why Aria was so protective of Elena, well, here is your answer. They just connected at a deep level and voila.

Dex-chan lover
It is such painful bullshit that these two cannot simply rent a U-Haul and go purchase a Subaru together...

Users who are viewing this thread