The Otome Heroine's Fight for Survival - Vol. 3 Ch. 15.5 - Extra Chapter (1) : Elena

Dex-chan lover
Yurisisters is there a chance?..
Spoilers ahead:

Elena is hinted to end up with a foreign prince. Or at least that's how things were projected to be when the story ends. Said foreign prince is also slated to become the head of state of his country much like Elena ends up, so its implied they might end up making the strongest alliance on the continent.

As for yuri side of things... Aria is pretty much ends up with Carla. After killing and then reviving her, Carla more or less follows Aria around doing jobs and work with her. Besides the fact these 2 are the most powerful beings on the continent with a "pet" super beast that can take on dragons... It pretty much a couple and their cat doing random stuff.

Dex-chan lover
Yurisisters is there a chance?..
Doubtful. Elena clearly understands her duty as a royal and is being educated as a queen. There is no way they can allow her not to marry, especially in the present political climate caused by the current king. So even if they did fall for each other, it could never actually happen.

Dex-chan lover
Doubtful. Elena clearly understands her duty as a royal and is being educated as a queen. There is no way they can allow her not to marry, especially in the present political climate caused by the current king. So even if they did fall for each other, it could never actually happen.
Actually it could, and far more easily than anything else. Not in marriage, but as lovers. A queen wouldn't so easily be able to have a close, secretive relationship with another man (in addition to the king), to avoid a scandal and doubts about the real father of royal children. But if it's another woman, who cares as long as they won't get caught in steamy action by the wrong person? Unless the king is an exceptionally jealous and possessive person. Aria could be called a personal secretary, aide, bodyguard, whatever, and they could spend quite a lot of time together.

Dex-chan lover
All it would take is getting caught by the wrong person, or someone blabbing, and it would cause a huge scandal. As a royal, she is forced to play the game of thrones and as such, having a lover on the side isn't an option for a woman. Especially if she marries a foreign aristocrat because it would be grounds for war, even if the partner themself was tolerant.

Dex-chan lover
I love how everyone here is just talking about the possiblity of yuri, really warms my heart. :thumbsup:

It's also nice to have more context for this, since it will stop all the complaining that people do about Elena's decision being to outlandish.

Dex-chan lover
All it would take is getting caught by the wrong person, or someone blabbing, and it would cause a huge scandal. As a royal, she is forced to play the game of thrones and as such, having a lover on the side isn't an option for a woman. Especially if she marries a foreign aristocrat because it would be grounds for war, even if the partner themself was tolerant.
Imagine Aria older and ten, or twenty, times stronger than now. They wouldn't be so easily surprised and caught in action. Besides, if there was love, it would be worth the risk. Elena was just saying that meeting Aria pretty much saved her crumbling heart.

Dex-chan lover
Why is she such a bitch to her older brother? Its like shes saying " This goody two shoe thoughtless bitch doesn't have to balls to be king, what a fucking loser and its embarrassing he doesn't decency to have the self awareness of what a milk sop he is" then she turns around to the protag and be like " wow she has the same eyes as me ,i'll do anything for her." like what?

Dex-chan lover
Why is she such a bitch to her older brother? Its like shes saying " This goody two shoe thoughtless bitch doesn't have to balls to be king, what a fucking loser and its embarrassing he doesn't decency to have the self awareness of what a milk sop he is" then she turns around to the protag and be like " wow she has the same eyes as me ,i'll do anything for her." like what?
Her read of her older brother is 100 percent correct (as seen elsewhere in the story), and she is worried for her country.

Dex-chan lover
She hasn't treated him that way at all though? We are just privy to her private thoughts on the matter. Yeah, it's unkind, but she knows it is and doesn't want to be cruel to him directly, so she's been nice to his face and then doing what she feels is necessary to preserve the kingdom. A bit two faced, sure, but this is the nobility we're talking about here. Basically medieval type politicians.

Dex-chan lover

It's not like that at all. This is 1 chapter adapting vol1 ch32 of the LN which is 99% Elena's thoughts. The writing in the manga chapter is like 10% of what's stated in that chapter alone, it's hard to 1:1 adapt from novels to manga/anime.

The gist of it is Elena is depressed cause her mother the 2nd queen abandoned her cause the 4 elements in her manastone which means she will die in her 20s.

Yet the rest of the royal family is supportive, especially her kind brother which wakes her up from the depression. Her view of her brother is obviously skewed by her mother who wanted Elena to usurp the throne and compete against the 1st queen.

Elena decides to make a plan with the King and continue her queenly education, and support her brother until the end.

I don't see that as bitchy tbh.

As for her thing with Aria. Im like 99% sure Elena is really obsessed with Aria's hair. But in seriousness it's just what stated. Elena is planning living her life in a lonely, isolating way, the same Aria is yet both are working towards their ideals. Aria wants to be strong enough to survive and live however she wants, and Elena wants to be ready to help her brother keep the kingdom intact in a midst of
looming civil war

Dex-chan lover
Imagine Aria older and ten, or twenty, times stronger than now. They wouldn't be so easily surprised and caught in action. Besides, if there was love, it would be worth the risk. Elena was just saying that meeting Aria pretty much saved her crumbling heart.
Worth it for love? Tell that to the people of the City of Troy. Elena is royalty. Her decisions affect the lives of hundreds of thousands of people. Mere love would never be worth such an unbelievably selfish risk. Something she knows first hand due to the situation her father's own selfishness caused.

Dex-chan lover
She hasn't treated him that way at all though? We are just privy to her private thoughts on the matter. Yeah, it's unkind, but she knows it is and doesn't want to be cruel to him directly, so she's been nice to his face and then doing what she feels is necessary to preserve the kingdom. A bit two faced, sure, but this is the nobility we're talking about here. Basically medieval type politicians.
If you had heard that this is what one of your friends thought of you, I don't think you would be as magnanimous as this.

Dex-chan lover
If you had heard that this is what one of your friends thought of you, I don't think you would be as magnanimous as this.
No, but I would want to know why. Definitely a good thing that we can't read each other's thoughts. We shouldn't be judged just for thinking things. In my opinion it's how we actually act that matters the most.

Dex-chan lover
Her read of her older brother is 100 percent correct (as seen elsewhere in the story), and she is worried for her country.
Even if she is 100% objectively correct, its incredibly terrible thing to lambast her brother like this. Even my worst thoughts about my worst enemies are kinder then what this girl thinks about her older brother who apparently has been nothing but a dear to her.

Dex-chan lover
Worth it for love? Tell that to the people of the City of Troy. Elena is royalty. Her decisions affect the lives of hundreds of thousands of people. Mere love would never be worth such an unbelievably selfish risk. Something she knows first hand due to the situation her father's own selfishness caused.
Her father did everything openly and that ruined things. If Elena does nothing but keep a female lover in secret, one who doesn't even need her financial support, or anything, what exactly is it going to ruin? If the alternative is that she's going to die inside, it would be for the good of the kingdom. If she loses her humanity and putinises herself without Aria, she might end up becoming a ruthless tyrant. If Aria allows Elana to maintain her human heart, as much as is possible for someone in her position, the kingdom will be better for it, assuming there's no need for huge bloodbaths in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread