The Otome Heroine's Fight for Survival - Vol. 4 Ch. 19.2

Dex-chan lover
I really want the main character to meet her noble family. Would be really interesting to see how she reacts to new relatives who would want VEERRRRY different things than her current murder-hobo lifestyle.
I feel like this is at least heading somewhat in that direction, Mihail just obtained the cooperation of an adventurer party, and Aria is going off to murder another adventurer party.

Seems like that's a good way to get their paths to cross, when the adventurer party leading the prince + Mihail end up getting caught up in the search for whoever murdered that other adventurer party, or something.

I heard that JNC picked up the light novel to officially translate. As someone who's read the entire WN, I'm looking forward to it.

Dex-chan lover
Piece of shit adventurers, so glad they're gonna get what's coming to them. Should castrate them before killing them imo.

Thanks for the TL
The novel gets pretty gory in describing how Aria kills people so hey maybe the manga will too?

Dex-chan lover
Levels of hitherto unknown genius in acting...that smile even reached her eyes! :korone:

Prince storyline seems out of place here, but...I assume the spoilers comments will fill in why :thonk:
It's a setup for the next bit of this arc to introduce more characters including one that acts like Aria's 3rd-4th mom. After completing this job she goes on the real job she joined for, which takes her to the capital, where she also intends to meet the brother of the blacksmith that gave her her blade.
While in the capital she gets accosted by some thugs, while disguised as best she can, and the prince's group sees this, and despite Feld telling the prince she'll be fine the prince's good nature makes the prince ask Feld to help her. They ask what she's doing in the capital, she mentions seeking out a dwarf armorer, who like his brother is well known to the members of Rainbow Sword. She ends up running out to escape while the prince and Feld are shocked by the fact that she's actually a super pretty girl, whom Feld does not recognize as the "boy" he taught years ago.
There is more I could explain that might not even really be that spoilery. However I'll just say that the scene is omitting the prince's opinion on the dark side, while still implying it.

Dex-chan lover
Our MC probably won't go back to her real nobility family.
Because doing so would makes her following the plot that she trying so hard to avoid.
She will only go back if its solely for her beloved princess whom she swore her life to.
But it would restricted her movement especially in assassination

Dex-chan lover
"There's only one dungeon nearby."
That implies there are usually more, which isn't the case.

The church confessional is such a classic meeting place for shady people.

"One female attire acquired."
And one female attracted.

It's a cute outfit. And that's kind of what she actually looks like.

I like this baiting. Actually taking advantage of the bullshit you usually see in other isekais.

"It's not as if is Melrose are know for our ability to read the room."
That couldn't have sounded more like exposition if they tried. Though chapters not from MC's PoV in the first couple of volumes are extremely tell-don't-show and basically just exist for exposition.

It's so troublesome for a kid to want to act like a kid, even if he's a prince. Life as royalty isn't all roses.

and the fact she is gonna murder some people.
If that's what you like you're in luck.

You know…it’s REALLY easy to forget that this girl is the protagonist of a dating sim.
After reading so many mangas about villainesses, it's almost strange that this one is about the actual protagonist. And she really does have that otome protagonist charm.

oh also, the novel is now on j-novel if anyone wants to check it out. It’s certainly pretty high on my reading list.
I recommend it as well.

I think the rumors about her being alive are there way of referring to the girl who’s pretending to be her after getting the memories of the crazy woman from the first chapter. Might be wrong though.
In this case, she is the one they were investigating. It was Grave who was in charge of that, and he certainly investigated Alicia.

I really want the main character to meet her noble family.
I want her to at least meet up with them as well. At this point it's a bit early, but once she gets more power and can easily claim her independence, it'd be a good idea. What she's worried about is being tied down to the family, but with enough power they can't tie her down. Well, she's already at the point where they can't really prevent her from absconding if she really wanted to.

I love that we choose the same descriptor for our comments, literally seconds apart.
Of all the times the descriptor "murder-hobo" has been used, this is the most accurate.

damn I knew they were going to give Aria a makeover but they gave her a whole ass new face
It's a manga that doesn't make a huge facial distinction, so she still looks similar enough. A different hair style, some makeup, and a smile make a huge difference.

Apparently a dress and some makeup makes her age like 5 years. Seems like she got taller too.
She is rather tall and old looking for her age, but if you compare page 1 with page 12, she's just as tall. It's still hard to tell, though, since there's not much to compare with.

I feel like this is at least heading somewhat in that direction,
She's dead set at not heading in that direction, though. So it's a matter of what's stronger, her will or the otome plot's pull.

Dex-chan lover
Apparently a dress and some makeup makes her age like 5 years. Seems like she got taller too. :unsure:
Yeah, it was quite strange she was treated like a beauty when she entered the guild building, when she's still just a child. Of course a child can be beautiful as well, but not in the sense dudes would blush while watching her walk by.

Dex-chan lover
You know…it’s REALLY easy to forget that this girl is the protagonist of a dating sim. Of course she’s freaking beautiful! She’s just normally dressed in rags and covered in blood. Heck, I doubt most of the people she’s met on this journey wouldn’t recognize her at this point.

oh also, the novel is now on j-novel if anyone wants to check it out. It’s certainly pretty high on my reading list.
True. I keep forgetting that until I'm being reminded how pretty she is

Dex-chan lover
I really want the main character to meet her noble family. Would be really interesting to see how she reacts to new relatives who would want VEERRRRY different things than her current murder-hobo lifestyle.
The WN main story is finished, see the spoiler if you want to know
She will meet her grandfather, but when he tried to find out if she really is his granddaughter, she played dumb. Some time later she's being brought to a room where her mother's painting is being hanged, and then she meet her grandmother who is very sure that she is their granddaughter, and assured her that they will let her live freely because she will run away like her mom if they force her to

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, it was quite strange she was treated like a beauty when she entered the guild building, when she's still just a child. Of course a child can be beautiful as well, but not in the sense dudes would blush while watching her walk by.
She's still a child, but she appears to be a bit on the older teenager side, i think people tend to forget this title magic system, the more you spam it, the older you look because the organ that are literally magic stone in the body grew larger as well, and the body grew older faster than the age to accomodate the magic stone growing larger because of the growth in power

Honestly, i tend to forget that she's still really young when reading the LN after seeing the illustration, because she have insane growth and her body is accomodating for it

Dex-chan lover
It's a manga that doesn't make a huge facial distinction, so she still looks similar enough. A different hair style, some makeup, and a smile make a huge difference.
it was joke to highlight the extremes Aria can demonstrate

even though it may be more efficient, I don’t appreciate being addressed in a mass reply

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
it was joke to highlight the extremes Aria can demonstrate
And I mentioned it's not that extreme. While I understood it was a joke, it fell flat in the face of similarity.

even though it may be more efficient, I don’t appreciate being addressed in a mass reply
How do you want to be addressed, then? I don't want to spam messages to respond in to a single person in every message, since that's far worse clutter and actively discouraged by this forum.

She's still a child, but she appears to be a bit on the older teenager side,
It's hard to tell how old someone is supposed to look like when reading a manga, since even here she looks older than adults in other styles.

Not only does she appear a few years older than she is, the society in that world considers you an adult when you're 15. For a pseudo-medieval world, that's not unrealistic, regardless of modern values on the subject.

Dex-chan lover
It's hard to tell how old someone is supposed to look like when reading a manga, since even here she looks older than adults in other styles.

Not only does she appear a few years older than she is, the society in that world considers you an adult when you're 15. For a pseudo-medieval world, that's not unrealistic, regardless of modern values on the subject.

I want to point out that in the WN and LN, its explicitly stated that due to the effects of her magic growing, Aria's body grew much faster and thus looks much older than what she actually is. In fact the narration in those likes to take a line or two every so often to remind us about their true ages and how messed up they really are.

Dex-chan lover
The WN main story is finished, see the spoiler if you want to know
She will meet her grandfather, but when he tried to find out if she really is his granddaughter, she played dumb. Some time later she's being brought to a room where her mother's painting is being hanged, and then she meet her grandmother who is very sure that she is their granddaughter, and assured her that they will let her live freely because she will run away like her mom if they force her to
That's a nice thing to end on actually. Thanks.

Also where in the WN is this chapter adapted from? Can't exactly wait another month or whatever to find out what'll happen next. Not when someone here said "WN main story is finished" at least.

Users who are viewing this thread