The Perks of Working in the Black Magic Industry - Vol. 5 Ch. 28.5 - Payback ★ Sabbath

correct me if I'm wrong but .5 chapters are hornier than regular chapters because they appear in the volumes only (magazine version is most likely censored because it's shounen)

Dex-chan lover
@Giga
Surely it is obvious. It is indicative of success in the most rudimentary biological sense. It is as clear an indicator as can be that one has plenty to eat. A literal physical expression of bountifulness.
I'd imagine the only reason anyone might not see it clearly that way is that first world countries have moved beyond the level where the availability of food is a limiting factor for survivability.
I don't think I'll ever relate to people who find skinny girls attractive though. If she got no meat, I got no interest. Honestly the best kind of build on a girl is that sweet spot between muscle and fat where you know she works hard AND has plenty to eat.

Dex-chan lover
@The5thSeraph: It can't be obvious unless you're looking at it from the perspective of a member of effete human society. In such a society, if you are wealthy, and have plenty to eat--without concern for how you'll amass all that food--then indeed, being fat can indicate comfortable living, itself an indicator of wealth.

However, if you are responsible for acquiring that food, which comes from a living creature that certainly does not want to be killed and eaten, you must be fit enough to catch that creature. Having to carry a paunch around everywhere will be counterproductive in that regard. That should be the case with Eleanor, who--as she showed in chapter 17--was initially more comfortable with a hunting knife than a mage's staff.

That said, a soft-bodied lady can be lovely, to be sure. However, how this artist is depicting Eleanor goes beyond that. A paunch like that just signifies slovenliness, declining health (yes, you end up that way when you eat too much, not just enough), and thus developing morbidity. There's a reason why neither Seruria nor any of the others carry a spare tire around with them, and why Eleanor initially didn't either. It wouldn't make sense to turn her into such just to please fat fetishists.

Dex-chan lover
@Giga
Do try to keep in mind that if you've already eaten the food, that you must have procured it somehow. Your body doesn't have to prove the means by which it procures food if it has already proven it HAS the food, if you get my meaning. Whether it is through personal ability, or being provided for by another, or some other means, the outcome is already decided.
Plus there is the other factor. That awkward factor which, at least when I received my formal education, still wasn't entirely resolved: The handicap factor. I suspect sexual selection gone out of control plays into it more than the originally proposed notion that personally handicapping oneself proves strength by being able to cope in spite of it. BUT I'm not in the field any more, so I don't suppose it matters.
If you don't know what I'm talking about, take the antlers of many stags for instance. They tend to get FAR larger than they have any need to for the mere purpose of butting heads with other males, to the point where having such ridiculously large things on their skulls is genuinely debilitating. But I figure they get there because the does continually favour the stags with the bigger antlers because bigger is better, and... more importantly... the debilitation doesn't hinder them (the females) personally.
In the case of humans, males typically dominated the hunter role in the past, so there has never been any sort of strong selection for females to be athletically fit. One could even make a reasonable claim that, at least in most of the past, if a female IS that fit that it indicates she wasn't sufficiently provided for and thus may be of inferior ancestry.
Human culture may have changed, but the genetic influence of what our ancestors found desirable in a mate isn't overwritten all that quickly.

In any case, she doesn't look that fat around the middle to me. Not saying you're wrong, but it doesn't even remotely stand out to my eyes. In the grand scheme of what is and isn't believable in this story, I'd still personally count someone of her build being able to hunt effectively as being vaguely believable.

Double-page supporter
Her body is a 15 out of 10 but her personality is a 4 out of 10. She'd be even hotter if she just learned to shut up already, honestly. If she could be honest she'd be superior heroine material.

Dex-chan lover
Elanore is prideful but given what she has said in past chapters I get the impression she would go full dere if he put a ring on her finger and/or a baby in her.

Users who are viewing this thread