The Planet Garaga - Vol. 1 Ch. 11 - Kurou's Burning

End...? That's abrupt. I guess it wasn't successful.
Well, thanks for translation!

Dex-chan lover
damn, I was enjoying that
and the author's dead now
dunno if this is the real end though

That didn't feel like an ending, and that last page did say "Part One." Guess the series got cut off for whatever reason.

Power Uploader
@1234muse: Uhhh... pretty sure the author isn't dead, he just quit the manga business.

From what I understand, he suffered some severe hand cramps in the late-80s which caused him to take a break from manga. However, he did return in 1996 and drew a 5-volume series, "Rusalka Will Not Return".
However, his return was short-lived, as he only worked on one more series after that, called "Nanboyanen", which came out in 1999.

So... what happened to him after that?
Well, according to Wikipedia, in 2001 he became a lecturer at Nihon Kogakuin College in Hachijoji, and later, in 2005, he became a professor at Tokai University in Tokyo.

Kind of a shame that he isn't still producing manga, but I suppose I can understand it if it's related to some kind of medical issue.
Also, he's in his 70s now, so... maybe it's best that he just takes it easy, right?

I suppose I'm more curious to know which courses he taught/teaches at those schools, and also... are there any prolific manga artists nowadays who have studied under him?

Power Uploader
@1234muse: Hmm... not sure where you read that. Everything I've seen says he's currently a university professor.
Also, he had worked on those two series in 1996 and 1999, so even if he had passed away it would've been much later, at least 15 years after Garaga ceased serialization (sometime in 1984).

In any case, I'm planning to scan more of his manga in the future, so look forward to that.

Dex-chan lover
@vigorusjammer yeah, I didn't mean he died in the middle, I thought he died recently, but I guess not, and I am totally looking forward to the new manga =D

think I must've confused him with someone else mebie

Aggregator gang
That was definitely an interesting run, as far as it went. Thanks for scanlating it.

Users who are viewing this thread